|37|

Thank god its summer.  This chapter is finally out and I can try to update more regularly

Also, thank you so much for #641 in Fantasy <3

"Fear is not "Evil" It's knowing your weakness making you stronger."

LEONA

A cold, disgusting beverage slipped down my soar throat. Cold drops of the concoction stung my lip like bug bites. I brushed my wrist against my mouth to wipe it off and took a deep breath.

For months we've been staying in Tera, spying on the knights and whatnot. According to the knights and multiple missing signs around the village center, the princess had run away months ago prior to her wedding. Since then the kingdom has been a ruckus. No one payed much mind to four suspicious teenagers hogging up the local pubs and walking around like they had something to hide. Everyone was concerned for their own matters; and the annual festival coming up in a few short months.

Our plan was to infiltrate the festival as Teran citizens and seek the Empress. We would have to stay here for a few more months and endure the Teran ways, but it's nothing we couldn't handle. We were from Erwyn, the poorest kingdom in the lands.

I cringed as I set the wooden jug on the table top, trying to forget of the awful taste. I certainly didn't enjoy the taste of an alcoholic beverage, but it did get things off my mind for a while.

I rested a fistful of jewels on the table top, leaving enough to pay for Rilynn's, Elliot's, and Tristan's 30 something drinks. I rolled my eyes as Tristan downed his last drink.

"You can't ever get enough, can you?"

He swallowed. "Huh?"

"Never mind."

It's hard to imagine Tristan doing anything much with his life after what happens here. He sets up crazy goals for himself---to be the strongest one in the Erwyn army, to avenge his mother's death---and so much more. Seeing him here now, his eyes red and his words slurred, I can't vision a future with him the strongest are getting revenge, or doing anything else. I can't imagine much for me either, or for anyone. I'd always assume I'd end up dead after the first day. When all of this is over, it's going to be hard to find a normal, safe life. I don't think I'll ever have one.

"Will that be all?" A blonde woman with emerald green eyes said from behind the counter. Tristan stared at her with bug eyes and slurred words I couldn't understand. I nodded, to not give off my Erwyn accent.

She nodded and turned around, cleaning off the wooden table behind her.

I lifted Tristan up by the collar. "Come on, we got to get out of here."

His reddened eyes made contact with me. He could barely manage to get out the word "why" before he was knocked cold into sleep.

"I got him." Elliot said, taking one of his arms and hauling it over his shoulder. Elliot was a thin boy, but somehow managed to pull half the weight of Tristan, who is mostly all muscle.

"Thanks, Elli." I said, relieved that some of the weight was off of my shoulders. "Sometimes he can be really careless."

He nodded in agreement. We've known him for years, and we've known that for years. When you think of the goals that he has for himself, it would be hard to imagine that the person who set them was as drunk and careless as he.