|00| part one

Futuristic version of Ace and Thana since I forgot to mention it was medieval fantasy

Made by jakepatt

Five years prior

||Thana||

Typical girls my age would be wrapped up in the idea of dresses and balls and the idea of true love coming when least expected. That is, with the exception of me, who was enveloped in the thought of permanently leaving. A lot of people ask themselves—why would the fourteen year old princess, one with great power and unlimited wealth—would want to be on the verge of death?

And it all became clear as I stood in front of the mirror.

I took in my long, raven black hair and my thin face. My pale snowy skin. My thin body was tall, maybe too tall for my age. To top it off, I had to beady black eyes that looked like they could pierce through someone; which wasn't necessarily a good thing. Years of abuse flashed into my mind and haunted me. Years of being tested to see if I was a no name—an Ultipotence wielder.

One who bends space and time, and maybe more if the wielder achieves high enough.

With such rare and great ability, anyone who had it would be the strongest person alive. Of course, I knew I had it, but years of testing hadn't revealed it to the researchers and my mother. I would never tell unless I wanted the fate of the crumbling world in my frail hands.

For if I did, my mother would abuse my power to destroy and rule more kingdoms than imaginable.

If one was to strip that power away from me, I would be nothing but the shadow of my older sister Myra. Though I was made to be empress after mother's passing; Myra had been perfect in every way I wasn't. People liked her—the way she looked, how she was not afraid to talk and be social, and how clever she was. Those were the things a good empress was supposed to be like. Those were admirable traits. I was clumsy, stupid, and a coward. And I didn't think like mother and Myra did. I was too good, something they didn't posses.

The answer hit me like a rapid arrow piercing my skull.

The thought had been in the back of my mind for some time, actually. But I hadn't worked up the courage until now.

I trekked outside to my balcony, moving as far away from the mirror as I could. My feet felt the hard concrete of the bannister, and I breathed in the sweet scent of near death.

I will never be like them no matter how much I force myself to. I have chosen my fate. I looked down at the ground below me, the gray, saddening look of my kingdom, Tera. I was going to die in a matter of moments.