Kris sighed and stepped away. With ducked head, Yeojin quickly went to the bedroom. She let out a sigh of relief once she closed the door behind her. She wasn't sure if she was still angry or if she was just plain embarrassed. One thing she knew for sure was she couldn't face him just yet.

The next day, Yeojin came home earlier and Kris found her studying when he came. He wanted to talk, but seeing how she was busy with the exam week, he decided not to bother her for now.

Yeojin was glad that Kris didn't bother her for the next two days. There was one thing that bothered her though: that urge inside her to call, text, or look for Sehun.

Now she tossed and turned on her bed, not being able to sleep. She felt all warm and fuzzy inside as she remembered Sehun's little gestures.

She then shook her head. What is wrong with me? She closed her eyes trying to sleep, but it was to no avail. The thought of her issue with Kris was not helping her at all no matter how hard she tried to push it to the back of her mind. Just sleep, Yeojin. Sleep. She told herself.

It was as if everything was against her today. She was finally just about to slip into slumber when a low rumble in the sky was heard. Her eyes shot open at that and she pulled the duvet to cover her more. She closed her eyes, trying harder to sleep, but the moment she closed them, flashes of that memory came flooding her mind. Her eyes flew open again in horror. She checked the clock on her bedside table. It was already past nine and there was no sign of Kris in the house.

Is he purposely coming home late to not bother me? She gulped and mentally cursed herself for ignoring him.

Yeojin felt her cheeks were wet, and she just realized that she had been crying. She squeezed her eyes shut, balled the duvet in her hands and took a sharp breath as thunder clapped. Within seconds, she felt her heart painfully beating fast and images of blood and knife flashed in her mind. Oh god, no! She moaned in agony.

__________

Kris closed his laptop and gathered his suit jacket that was draped on his chair's backrest. He put it over his right forearm while checking his watch. It was already ten to nine and he still had to attend one last meeting for the day. Mr. Lee entered his office as Kris strode to the door.

"The car is ready, sir," the PA bobbed his head.

"And my car?" Kris asked as they both exited the room.

"I will bring it to you tomorrow morning." They walked to the elevator and Mr. Lee pressed the button. "The investor will arrive at the airport in 20 minutes, and so I've booked a table at a nearby restaurant for you."

While Mr. Lee was explaining, Kris noticed the dark sky when he glanced at the window. His eyes zeroed down to the floor as he suddenly felt uneasy. A minute later, the sky let out a low roar and Kris' head immediately snapped toward his assistant.

"Cancel the meeting and tell someone to get my car now," he spoke calmly though with urgency.

"But the meeting is important sir. The investor-"

"I said cancel it and get my car now, Mr. Lee!" He now raised his voice and glared at the older man.

Mr. Lee jumped in shock and fumbled for his phone with shaky hand. While Mr. Lee gave instruction over the phone to the valet parking boy downstairs, Kris couldn't stop staring at the dark sky. He quickly fished for his phone and dialed Yeojin's number. The line had rung twice when the elevator ding opened. He hurriedly stepped inside with Mr. Lee and the line was cut because of lack of signal in the compartment. He nervously bit down his lip as his eyes continuously darted to the descending numbers.