Chapter 10 | Who Is She?

Start from the beginning

"For your information - to the both of you, - I have not killed anyone." I glared knives. "Yet. . ."

Lorenzò smirked. "Aw, Ethan has grown so much. It feels like it was only five minutes ago that he asked us to meet him in the library."

"Because it was five minutes ago, you idiot."

"Can I ask why you have requested us to meet you in the library? Are we going to prank Mr. W again?" Conner's blue eyes sparkled with excitement at the idea.

"Actually, we can do that later," I replied when a new prank found its way into my head. "But that's not the reason why I asked you to come here."

Conner nodded, pushing his blond hair out of his eyes and waiting for me to continue. But Lorenzò, on the other hand, was being his Lorenzò-self.

"You want a good hiding place to bury a body? Okay, I know about a-"

"I haven't killed anyone!" I exclaimed loudly, which was followed by an echoing sound of a plate shattering to the ground.

The three of us turned our heads to see a maid with a shocked expression on her old features. Without another word, she hurriedly picked up the broken pieces and scurried her way out of the room.

Great. Now a maid thinks I've killed someone.

"You should probably run before they catch you, Ethan. Don't worry, I will hold them back as long as I can." Lorenzò laughed along with Conner, feeding my annoyance.

"Guys," I groaned, pinching the bridge of my nose. "You know what? Forget it, I will just figure it out on my own."

"Alright, we will stop!" Conner's fragile promise stagnated my steps, his eyes narrowing at our curly-haired friend, "Right, Lorenzò?"

"Ay, ay, Captain." He replied, but not without a mock salute aimed at the blond-haired boy who ignored his silliness.

"Now, what did you want to talk about?" His glass-blue orbs went back to me as I now had locked their attention.

I took a deep breath, "I met a girl."

"Oh, shocking! This is too much information - I can't handle it! Prince Ethan of Areadan met a girl! Arrest him for his horrendous crimes-" Lorenzò shouted with his hands flying in the air, and only stopped when I hit his shoulder. "Ow! Okay, okay!"

He held his hands in surrender, rubbing his sore shoulder. "So, what's the big deal? You meet girls every day."

"Well, this girl is a bit more. . . different from people," I explained, trying not to think of her cat-like eyes that were filled with mischief and annoyance.

Conner arched an eyebrow. "Different how?"

"Was she crazy different, creepy different, stalker different, fan-girl different or all of the above?" Lorenzò listed on his fingers, looking at me with his light shade of brown eyes.

"Isn't all of that the same thing?" The blond-haired boy questioned, which cornered us in a moment of reevaluation.

I quickly shook my head before we switched topics. "Either way, she was neither of them."

A dead silence followed my words like a shadow.

"What?"

"You're telling me that you met a girl, who didn't fawn all over you, fainting at the sight of Prince Ethan-" Lorenzò made a high-pitched voice before continuing. "-And tried to make you marry them? Now, that is interesting," he pointed his finger at me.