Chapter 37

Caroline pov:

I was knocking on Bonnie's door for about twenty minutes with no answer. I decided to call her to see if everything was ok. The phone rang twice before she picked up

C: Hey Bonnie I was calling to see where you are. I came to your house for our training but you weren't answering the door.

B: Oh my god Caroline I'm so sorry. I'm still at Whitmore I must have fallen asleep in the library. I'll leave right now.

C: No no that fine you go back to your dorm and rest. Honestly I've been practicing and I feel in control of my magic. This isn't your bourdon Bon. When you have time we can train, your schooling is important.

B: Thank you Care, you're the best friend ever.

C: Oh I know. Now go sleep. I'll talk to you later.

I was trying to think of where I could find Aurora, I had no idea so I decided to go and talk to Damon he always knew where the new people in town were hiding out. Plus since I sent my mother away he had taken over as voluntary sheriff.

I entered the Salvatore boarding house and walked into the parlor there he sat drinking his bourbon. "Hey Blondie haven't seen you in a while" he said standing to pouring himself more. "I know I've been a horrible friend lately. I'm so sorry."

"Caroline its fine. If Elena was gone for that long you wouldn't see me for a year, granted we would be doing stuff that you and Klaus don't do." Knowing that he was talking about sex and the events that accrued last night I blushed and looked down to the ground. Damon of course notices "Did you and your pet finally do the deed?"

"Yes, we did."

"Well it's about damn time. So what brings you around not that I'm not happy to see you but what do you want?"

"I was wondering if you could help me locate a vampire who is new to town. She has red hair" As I was describing Aurora to Damon a voice came from behind us saying "dead set on breaking Klaus and yourself up?" Enzo questioned walking into the parlor.

"Yes that would be the one."

"She has compelled herself an apartment above the Grill 104."

"Thank you Enzo!" I said excitedly quickly pecked him on the cheek and Whooshed out of the house toward the grill.

I arrived at apartment 104 and knocked on the door, She open the door with tears in her eyes and suddenly I felt sorry for her. "Can we talk?" I questioned her. She opened the door and stepped to the side allowing me into her apartment. I sat on the couch and she sat in the chair across from me. "Aurora first I want to apologies for the way I acted in the Grill yesterday it was rude of me to throw my and Klaus relationship in your face. I'm also sorry for your heartbreak, I know how it is loving him and living without him. It almost killed me and I was only without him for two years I could only imagine your heartache."

"Why do you have to be so nice? It would be so much easier for me if I didn't like you or if at least I could say I'm better than you, but I can't. Honestly I couldn't even tell you why I loved him, well besides the face that he cared. he didn't seem me as broken, unfixable just because I was different. My brother who loves me likes to control me, always tells me my mind is sick sending me away every few decades to cure my mind that way he has total control over me. Niky was the first person who seemed to care."

I smiled as she talked, thinking about how he always had the kind heart he allowed me to see and actually made me happy that I wasn't the only person to know it was there, made it more real. "And I'm sure somewhere inside of him he does still care about you. Just those romantic feelings are gone."

"And how do you know that?"

"I'm the reason he talked to you when you first arrived here. He wanted to sent you away without speaking to you; I knew that he needed to speak with you to make sure that he didn't have any feelings left for you. I even told Rebekah that if he still loved you I would leave because all I want is for him to be happy."

"Caroline you are the right women for him. He needs someone who puts his feelings first with all life has given him he deserves that." She paused for a few minutes and continued "I do remember there was one man who did that for me before Klaus and his siblings showed up. My sweet Lucien, he was just a hand slave for my family but he truly seen me and loved me."

"I wish he was still around for you."

"Well actually he might be, He and Nik were mates during their time with my family he is actually Nik first sired. Last I knew 300 years ago he was living in Spain."

"Oh I just assumed that Nik turned you." "No he wouldn't I asked him many times but he refused, so I trick Rebekah into doing it but slitting my wrists."

"Well why don't you try and go find Lucien see if that spark is still there. See if he is still in Spain and I will see if I can't get a witch friend of mine to track him."

"Why would you do that for me?"

"Because before Klaus I knew what it was to be unloved, damage to everyman or just used by them. Everyone deserves to find love Aurora." She stood completely straight her eyes glowed blue and in a weird mechanical voice she said "trial one complete" She then took a deep breath and hugged me

"Thank you Caroline for your kindness. As Nik said you are wise beyond your young years. I hope the best for the two of you." Whoosh she was gone.