Chapter 18

So this chapter is going to be a bit crazy. I'm going to be jumping back and forth from a few different characters. Sorry if its confusing.

Caroline:

I was standing in the corner with Rebekah, Matt, Elena, and Bonnie looking at the house full of people. "I didn't know Kol know this many of our classmates" Elena stated.

"he doesn't, tell kid no parents and booze and they go anywhere" Rebekah reminded us. Damon came up to Elena and pulled her toward the center of the parlor where everyone was dancing. Rebekah took Matts hand and pulls him to join her on the dance floor. Bonnie and I looked at each other interesting whatever was happening between Bekah and Matt! A moment later Bonnie pulled me to dance with her, not having dates wasn't going to stop us from putting our dancing shoes on.

Stefan:

I was being a bit of a chicken, too afraid to tell Caroline my true feelings. She was a friend my best friend, if she doesn't share those feelings I would be crush and I would lose my best friend. Wanting to get away from all the noise I open a door and step through. There was no windows in this dark room, I flicked the switch and as the room light up all of these beautiful pieces of art started to appear. Some were painted, some sketched. On the easel sat an unfished painting but I could let it was Caroline; she was lying in bed sleeping hand linked in someone else. "What are you doing in here?" Kol asked and he walked into the room looking around impressed.

"So you never seen this?" I questioned He looked at the painting for a moment.

"Nope, Klaus doesn't really let anyone else in here. Why you are so surprised, mate? You must have known my bother has some type of feeling for her. It doesn't mean that they are reciprocated." I realized he was right but there was this feeling that I could shake. "Stefan we really should get out of here. Klaus always has a way of knowing when I'm in this space." Kol warned me.

We returned to the party and I saw Damon in the kitchen. "Hey I'm gonna head out." I informed him.

 "Ok Elena seems to be enjoying herself so we are going to stay." I nodded my head and started to walk toward the door.

"Hey brother are you alright?" Damon asked concerned.

"Yeah, just not in the mood to party."

Klaus:

Elijah and I pulled into the drive. "Well it didn't take them one day of us being gone to throw a party" Elijah said getting out of the car shaking his head.

 "Ture but it might be a good way for hatchets to be buried so we can focus on what really important, protecting Caroline." I informed him.

Caroline:

The group of us were walking away from the parlor where we had been dancing and toward the kitchen to get a drink. Kol showed up right behind me. "We have a problem."

 "And what's that?"

 "My brothers are home." with hide eyes I looked back to him.

"I'll handle it." I said walking toward the front door where Klaus and Elijah stood.

"Hello, Love" Klaus greeted me.

"Hi! Just so you know this was all Kol." I told them. From the kitchen I heard Kol yell. "THANKS CARE" as sarcastically as possible. The song playing from the stereo went from upbeats to a slower tempo. Klaus put his hand out "Care to dance?" I laid my hand in his in acceptance.

Klaus:

Though the house was full of people all the seemed to fall away and it was just her and I. We dance in silence. Our bodies were close almost touching in every way. I could hear that even our hearts beats where in sync, which I found oddly beautiful us both being vampires and all. "Can I cut in?" came a familiar voice. We both turn out heads to see it was Tyler.

"Why are you here? I should kill you." Ignoring me and looking at Caroline

"I'm here to apologize Caroline may I?" he questioned with his hand out. She looked up at me and said "it's ok" took his hand and joined him. I stood by the wall with Elijah and Kol.

"Brother I think your anger is getting the best of you" Elijah warned.

"What do you mean?" Kol grabbed my hand that I was holding my glass of bourbon in and much to my surprise I had crushed the glass and I was bleeding all over the floor. I quickly clean up my hand and returned to them.

Caroline:

"You said you wanted to apologize?"

"Yes, carline I'm sorry that you are so easy that you have already fallen onto your back for that sick monster" He said pulling me closer as I tried to leave. He looked over at Klaus and smiled know Klaus wouldn't make a move in front of all these people unless he hurt me.

 "Speaking of whores where's Haley?" I asked him with a smile.

"She's just outside."

"Well why don't we invite her in? I'd love to have a little chat with her."

 "Oh Caroline please don't be that girl. You can't fight for me, I'm sorry I found some who truly loves me. Not just a good lay."

"Tyler hunny, that adorable you think I want to back or to fight for the honor of our relationship. She bit me and now like the bad dog who has pee on the carpet she need to have her nose rubbed in it. And as least you can say you got a good lay out of our relationship, wish I could say the same." I said pulling away from him smiling.

 "Now please leave my home before I ripper your heart out myself." I demanded.

 Klaus can over to me looking into my eyes calming me down. "Maybe you don't need my protection after all" he said which that evil smirk of his.

"You heard all of that?" I questioned my cheeks turning red from embarrassment. Just then Kol came up behind us "Caroline please don't attack him with your lips again, it's too close to bed time for everyone to see such a horrible display, but if you'd want to put on whatever you were wearing in the kitchen last night we wouldn't complain." Klaus stared at me and I couldn't make contact with him I was so embarrassed. He leaned down and whispered in my hear "See love, this is why I envy your being any only child" he then made eye contact with Kol. "Oh No" Kol let out and then ran, Klaus chasing him out of the house. I smiled and returned dancing with my friends!