Chapter 22

Klaus:

I heard her door slam and looked at the stairs with a smile. "Brother?" Elijah questioned getting my attention. I looked at him with my eyebrows raised as to say what. "I have found who's been helping them. She is a witch from New Orleans named Jane Anne Deveraux" my brother informed me.

"New Orleans?" I questioned thinking back on the only place that felt like home since we had been turned. "I made some calls and it seems like Marcellus made it out of that play house" Elijah told me. "He's alive?!"

"Yes, brother and his plane should be landing any moment now. Shall we?" He question hand pointing toward the door.

In the car it was silent for a while until "So you and Caroline?" I couldn't help but smile "Don't start Lijah."

"I wasn't going too. I think she is a good fit for you brother, just be careful her friends are protective" He said as we pulled into the airport.

Caroline:

I heard the front door close, Klaus and Elijah had left. I pulled my phone out when through my contacts landing on Rebekah and it send. "Hey, Care what's up?"

 "I was just checking on things."

 "It's going great Matt has been helping me, tomorrow will be Amazing!"

 "Perfect, I can't wait. I'll let you go, see you later" I said hanging up the phone. Since Klaus had me on protective house arrest Bekah has been helping me with the school Charity dance. This year the committee that I lead had chosen Fuck Cancer, and the theme of the dance is an Ball of the Ages which really is just an excuse for us girls to wear ball gowns. The way it work it you get people or business to sponsor you and they donate a certain about per hour you dance. As always the police department is sponsoring me and my date which was supposed to be Tyler but now I don't have one. I was going to as Stefan to go with me so I didn't seem so pathetic but now with him thinking he has feeling for me it wouldn't be a good idea. Anyway they are donating ten dollars a hours so I got to dance all night even if that means looking like a loser for dancing alone to the slow songs.

I took a walk around the house; I stood in front of Klaus's studio for a while before I decided to go in. This damn bond pulled me closer to this room, and his bed room I felt it was safer for me to be in here. I also wanted to get a better look at his paintings. In the middle of the room was this oversized red leather chair that looked so comfortable I had to sit in it. On the wall to my left hung this beautiful painting of a boy, well a silhouette of a boy and a man they there in the wood and the boy was reaching his hand out for the man to take but the man was looking in the other direction. I sat in the chair staring at this piece of are that just spoke to me.

Klaus:

On the way home from the airport we informed Marcellus of what was happening and how we need his help stopping Jane Anne since we had more experience with her since she was for new Orleans. As soon as we arrived at our estate Elijah wooshed up the stairs to get Caroline so she could meet Marcellus. "Klaus she isn't here" he said coming for the top of the stair. "Yes she is I can feel her" I said fallowing the bond that pulled me to her. "Feel her?" Marcellus question. I ignored him as the bond led me to my studio. I opened the door and walked in closing the door behind me. Before I could question her being in my studio "I'm sorry for intruding on your personal space. I was pulled here and after noticing this piece I just couldn't take my eyes off of it."

"It fine, love. I rather enjoy the fact that you can find solace in the same places as I do. If you don't mind me asking why this painting?" I said staring at her admiring my work.

She turned to face me "I just can relate to how that little boy feeling, reaching out for your fathers love and not getting it. Getting nothing but hate and disgust" she confessed looking at her feet. I grabbed her chin lifting her eyes to meet mine. "Why did you paint this Niklaus?" I wish I could describe the way it felt then she called me by my full name. She said it with just kindest I'd never heard anyone use it like that before.

"That a long story, I will tell you but not now I have someone you should meet" I said taking her hand a guiding her to the door. She stops in the middle of the room reached my and lightly kissed my lips, smiling when she pulled away. "What was that for?" I asked.

 "I think we both needed it."

We appeared in front of Marcellus and Elijah who were now enjoying bourbon in the parlor. "Marcellus this is Caroline" I introduced them. He extended his hand and took hers and kissed it "Call me Marcel" He looked at me and continued "Well Klaus you defiantly have a type."

 "A type?" Caroline questioned looking form Marcellus to me and back. "Oh I don't mean it as an insult darling, you just remind me of Cami, that all." Marcellus informed her. She stood there confused "She was just Klaus's girl like some 900 years ago" he elaborated.

She cocked her head to the side "Who said I was Klaus's girl?" asking with that Caroline attitude. "Maybe not so much like Cami" Elijah stated. "No one compares to Caroline, I assure you" He added. She smiled and looked back at Marcellus.

"So why don't you tell us about this witch Jane Anne." Elijah and I both look at her wondering how she knows about the New Orleans witch. "I told you I kinda eavesdrop on you and Elijah" She said to me with and apologetic smile. "Defiantly not like Cami" Marcellus agreed.

"Jane Anne's daughter was one of the harvest girls. She was killed by her own coven as a sacrifice to the ancestors. As each girl died their magic went into the other until the last one was killed then it would go into the earth. After a few weeks the girls were to be brought back to life keeping the magical balance between the coven and their ancestors. I was dating Jane sister Sophie who didn't practice her magic and was worried that the girls weren't going to come back so she asked me for help. By the time I got there Sophie's niece was already killed, but I did take Davina the last Harvest girl. I protect her from the witches of the quarter and she helps me keep the quarter magic free. For what Davina tells me is that Jane Anne knows that if you kill a vampire you kill his bloodline which means if she kills you I'll die so they can get and kill Davina and finally finish the harvest, so she can get her daughter back."

Caroline stood with a smile on her face. "Klaus since you broke the spell can you make Hybrids?"

"I can turn a wolf yes, but without the blood for the doppelganger they don't compete the transition" I informed her.

 "Tomorrow at the dance you are going to turn Tyler, if he is part of your bloodline he can kill you without dying himself, and trust me that boy doesn't want to die."

 "Do you forget that Elena is a Vampire?" Elijah questioned.

"No, but you said you needed her blood I happen to know where her non- vampire blood is" she informed us with a big smile!

What do you think about Cami being a lover for Klaus's past? As much as I hate Klaus and Cami on the show because I don't want him to move on from Caroline. I do like their relationship, so I decide to make her a girlfriend from his past, as it should be. Thanks for reading!

                         -Cchulie