Three

Klaus

The blonde is bold I'll give her that. We walk in silence for a while.

"So Klaus the original? The evil monster?" she questioned.

"One in the same, Love"

"I'm not your love. So tell me how your both wolf and vampire" she asks with kind confidence in her voice.

"Well I was born a wolf and as you know that curse doesn't get triggered until you've killed someone. To protect us my mother who was a witch turned us into the first vampires" I inform her. I don't know what it was but I was so intrigued by this girl.

"Is it hard for you? You know being both?" She wonders. Wow it has been so long since someone asked about me.

"No, I think it is actually easier this way the vampire side lets me control when I turn."

"Since I answered your questions would you answer mine?" I asked.

 "That depends on your question." she said with a joking smile.

"How did a young beautiful woman like you become a vampire?"

 She took a deep breath looking down at the ground "well I was hurt really bad in a car accident and this vampire friend well really he is a friend of a friend but he used his blood to heal me and then his crazy ex-girlfriend smothered me while I was in the hospital and so here I am." she told me.

 "I'm really sorry that happened to you." 

"You want to know something?" I look at her give her my full attention. "I'm not; before I was I was so insecure. I was always trying to turn everything into a completion to prove myself worth and now I know it."

"Why tell this to a stranger?"

 "I guess because I've never been able to tell it to my friends. They all walk around her like it's the worst thing that's happen to them. You don't seem so strange to me."

"So Klaus tell me why they say you're this big bad man."

 "Well it must be because I do what has to be done. When anyone or anything hurt the ones I love I do what it takes to take them down no matter what."

  "So you're just a bit over protective. Doesn't sound that bad to me."

 "You don't want to see the monster I can become, love. I've massacred villages for looking at my sister wrong."

She shrug and looked at her watch "well I better be going I have to be in school tomorrow."

I walked home thinking about this girl. How she seemed so loyal, kind, and forgiving. I want to get to know her more, I need to. I walk into the house and on the couch sat my brother Elijah. "Had fun tonight Klaus?"

 I look at him "You know I think I'm going to like it here."

and I walk down to the basement to where I had all of my art supplies set up. I start painting the beautiful sky of tonight. I need to remember it always I never want to forget it.

I woke up to a pounding on my bedroom door. It was Rebekah, she looked flustered. "What wrong?"

 "I need your help. A Vampire I know has been bitten by a wolf I need your help." 

"What has Stefan gotten himself into now?" I asked her.

  "It's not Stefan it's his friend please brother hurry she doesn't look like she has much time. It's just so unfair today is her birthday."

 I grab a shirt a got in the car with my sister. I had no reason to help this friend of hers but I do love birthdays and could not let anyone die on theirs. We pull up to the house and telling by the way that we just walk in this must be Stefan's home. I'm greet by Stefan, his brother the doppelganger. "She's upstairs" Stefan said. I open the door and see that it is Caroline laying in the bed dying.

"Caroline! What happened?" I demand to know.