Chapter 32

Klaus:

There I stood starring into the eyes of the women I love. "Could the two of you stop being so gross and get down here for dinner" Rebekah yelled from the kitchen. Caroline giggled grabbed my hand and pulled me down to meet the rest of my family. Our meal was delightful; my siblings caught me up on what they had been doing for the last two years, though it wasn't much because much to my surprise they spent most of their time trying to save me. Perhaps I am wrong maybe my family does care, I now know I will no longer be afraid of them leaving me alone.

We had all finished and now were sitting in the living room I looked at Caroline and asked "Love, How would you fancy going to the Grill with me and having a drink?" She smiled back at me but before she could answer Bekah wrapped her arms around Caroline's leaned her head on Caroline's shoulder "sorry Nik you'll have her for Forever but tonight is girls night." I glared at her annoyed; it seems since the moment I woke everyone has been trying to take her away. I guess that's what happens when your girl is the most amazingly kind, caring, and wonderful women on the plant you have to share her. She light grabbed my arm "Klaus, why don't you go to the bar and have some drinks and I'll see you when you get home." She smiled at me, and kissed my check "hurry home" she whispered in my ear.

I was in a back booth at the Grill enjoying a drink and eavesdropping on some conversation when I picked up a familiar voice, one that sent anger through my body. I focus on Damon's Voice expecting to hear him talking with Elena. "So Enzo what are you doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know you went tramping through the Mikaelson's house with Elena today."

"Ha that, well mate honestly Elena called and said Caroline asked to see me" Enzo admitted. I gritted my teeth holding back my anger wanting to continue listen in on this conversation to see if I had any reason to worry about this man's feelings for my Caroline.

"Yeah well that Elena, thinking she's being a good friend by trying to stop that relationship" Damon said with a touch of irritation in his voice. "A little birdie told me that back before Klaus was cursed that you were not pro-Karoline."

"Who am I to try to keep them apart because he's evil? I haven't been the kindest man but yet I had a woman who loves me. I found out that Stefan had feeling for her and I was just trying to help my brother be happy."

I heard a crack before Damon asked "Enzo are you ok?"

"Sorry Damon, anytime I heard his name I think about what he did to Caroline" Enzo spat out like poison.

"We Salvatore brothers really did a number on that girl."

"Mate, why haven't you told Caroline that your emotions were turned off when you that whole thing started?"

"Enzo if I did that she would forgive me and I don't deserve that. I did unspeakable things to someone who would later become one of my best friends. I don't deserve her forgiveness."

"I do not understand your friendship with Caroline at all."

"Why? You're an evil ass and your friends with her."

"True, but I have ulterior motives I have romantic feeling for the girl and hope to make her mine."

"Yeah buddy you even make one move toward Caroline Klaus is going to rip your head off."

"I'm not so sure about that. He will definitely want you, but Caroline and I are friend so if he does that he'll end up losing her anyway." Damon took a deep sight "I hope you know what you're doing." I looked at my phone and realized it was already midnight.