Chapter 26

Caroline:

     It's now been about two years since Klaus's passing. Not that he actually dead that would be impossible. I remember that that it happened like it was yesterday. It was two week after we had turned Tyler. Klaus and I spent almost every afternoon together he would be there every day to pick me up after school. That day he wasn't there, I had texted him earlier that day and he said he couldn't wait to see me so he should have been there. The bond was almost gone but if I focused on him it would pull me to him so I did just that. It pulled me to his room in at the Mikaelson mansion. I walked in to his room and it was pitch black I turned on a table lap that sat on his desk and noticed he was still in bed that was really weird for him he was an earlier riser.

 "Klaus" I called checking if he was awake. "Caroline?" I questioned in a quiet weak voice. I walked closer to the bed and notice that his skin was a bit gray. I ran and jumped on the bed now straddling him picking up his head so that our eyes were locked on to each other. "What happened?"

"I've tried to drink but I can't keep it down. I...i I'm desiccating" he slowly answered. Thinking that an old blood bag wasn't going to be enough I bit my wrist and feed him. He took about three swallows then leaned over and threw it up. "We'll find a way to fix this" I reassured him. Using all his power he pulled me into a kiss. It was sweet and full of love. "I think it's too late, love". His skin started to get greyer. "NO, no Please baby please don't leave me" I cried franticly looking around his room for anything to help me. "BEKAH.....ELIJAH HELP" I looked back down at Klaus "Even if I'm gone for another thousand years I will find a way to come back to you, my love" He said a tear running down his face. I wiped the tear from his eye "Niklaus you are my heart I will wait for you forever, I love you" I admitted for the first time. Elijah, Kol, and Rebekah ran into the room. "What it is?" Elijah asked looking a Klaus's gray body he looked back at me this questioning eyes. "I found him like this. I tried to feed him but he couldn't keep it down" I informed them crying incontrollable. He walked over to Klaus on the bed looked down at him. "He's gone." I collapsed on to Klaus's body "No...........no" I pled hugging him. I stayed like that for about a week until Elijah talked me into going home to my own bed and my mother.

     When I arrived home I found Elijah had hung the painting Klaus had made of him and I holding hand. I still had one of his Henley shirts that I changed into and laid on my bed. A light knock came at my door. "Who is it?" Rebekah opened my door and popped her head in. I sat up and patted the spot on the bed next to me "come in."

  "Caroline, I know you love him but you have to give him back, we are going place in to rest in his coffin until we figure out how to wake him."

 "What do you mean? He's at home in his bed where I left him."

she looked down "No he's not."

"WHAT? Someone took him" I cried. She stayed with me for a few hours; she eventually had to leave to inform her brothers that he wasn't with me. Realizing that which under Tyler and Haley's control had tried to do this to him before know they would be going after me next I compelled my mother to move away and not to tell me where she was. She would write me every so often always remembering not to put a return address on the letter so no one could find her. For the first four months I didn't leave my room. My friends would come and check on me but no one more than Damon. I believe it was because of some promise he made with my mother before she left. During those four moths Damon's friend Lorenzo came to town.

     After five months I started leaving the house. The first few time I would just go to the Salvatore house and watch TV with Damon, the third time I got into an argument with Elena because she was trying to push me into Enzo's arms. While Elena, Rebekah, Matt, and Bonnie graduated I stopped going to school all together. Honestly I couldn't find the point of working that hard but having everything taken away from you. Damon compelled the school officials to graduate me anyway. "Listen Blondie one day when you're over this you're going to want to go to college and now you'll be able to." After a year in a half of him being gone I was doing ok. Bekah and I were planning on opening a small clothing boutique here in town. Bonnie, Elena were off a college but they came home a lot. Rebekah spent a lot of her time with Matt, since the ball that night they had officially been a couple. When she was with him I spent most of my time with Damon and Enzo. One times I was there watching tv with the two of them Elena came home needing some alone time with Damon leaving me alone to hang out with Enzo, I use to complain about it but it happened so often I just got use to him. We were sitting on the couch I glared at the stairs.