Chapter 16.5

A quick Thank you to ZeeMalofie, and OriginalWolves for voting! This chapter with be the day of the first kiss but from Klaus's point of view. Then in the next chapter I will continue the story.

Klaus:

I woke up with a small weight on my chest. I open my eyes look down and see Caroline sleeping. Her head rested on my stomach using me as a human pillow. She looked so peaceful. It was a nice change of the sadness I seen on her face last night. I stare at her for a while loving how the sun light is reflecting off her blond locks. I go to move the blanket away so I can leave and realize her fingers are linked with mine. I don't recall holding her hand. It must have happened while we slept. I wish I could just stay here with her all day, but I have some business to attend to. I get up from the bed and grab a piece of paper and write a note for her. I do not want her to feel abandoned when she wakes. I place the not on the pillow, kiss her forehead and leave the room.

"Late night visit with Miss. Forbes?" Elijah questioned. I put my finger to my mouth to signal for him to me quiet. "Niklaus what are your intentions with this girl?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I retuned walking down the stair case.

"Klaus, I fear that you aren't finding the wolfs as fast as you can, so she will stay here with us longer" my brother suggested.

"I know where they are" I informed him nonchalantly.

 "Care to inform me of your plan?" He asked a little irritated.

 "Fine but I'm not having this conversation twice so come with me." I told him walking out the house getting into my car.

We arrive at the Salvatore estate, I do not knock just walk in for I don't care about dealing all the pleasantries. Elijah and I are standing in entrance way when Elena walks past stopping when she notices us. "What are you two doing in here?" she questioned with attitude.

 "You've come to our home and created unwanted trouble two day in succession, so I feel it is quiet appropriate that we stop by yours unannounced." Elijah makes her aware. Now being joined by Damon and Stefan.

"Well maybe if your brother didn't use his weird little blood bond to keep Caroline prisoner I wouldn't have to."

"Caroline is able you leave at any time and she is well aware of that." He reminded her. Happy that Elijah took care of this silly little verbal spat with Elena for if I did I don't think I could be so respectful especially now with Damon in the room. I couldn't stop think of the things he had done to, no done with Caroline against her free will.

"Why are you guys here?" Stefan interjected trying to easy the tension.

 "Klaus knows the whereabouts of Tyler Lockwood and his friend."

"Where is he?" Elena asked. I push her question to the side, not understanding why she needed to be involved in this. I looked at Stefan know he was the only other person in this house who would protect Caroline like I would. "Tyler and Haley have been out gathering more lone wolfs trying to create a pack, I'm assuming to take me down and get back at Caroline. Wolves are very prideful creatures, the fact that Caroline turned him down will anger him just as much as me wounding his ego." I explained to them.

"They will return soon, how soon I can't say. My sources tell me that they are about two days away." I informed them.

"Ok what do we need to do" Stefan asked.

"First off you three need to get over yourselves, Caroline almost died twice and you've been starting petty argument because you don't like my brother. We have not been keeping her from you. Your actions have, so apologize to her and make things right." Elijah demanded having had enough of the high school drama.

"We all need to keep a look out for him and her once they get back into town we can't leave Caroline alone."

We arrive home Kol and Rebekah are sitting in the Parlor watching TV. "Where's Caroline?" I wondered.

"At the grill with Stefan" Kol informed me.

"Good" I said leaving the room.

"Nik!" Rebekah called. I turned at looked at her. "What do you mean good? How can you be fine with this? I know you have feelings for her." I smiled at her a walked into my studio closing the door behind me. "Nik don't run from it." she said from the other side of the door.

I started painting and it seems I lost track of time. I it looked at the clock to see that it was a little past midnight. I left the studio to go to my room and I seen a light coming from the kitchen, maybe Caroline was home. I wooshed over and wait for whoever to close the refrigerator door. "Just get in?" I asked Caroline as she was finishing closing the door. She stood in front of me wear a light purple night gown that left little to the imagination. The gown that stopped at the mid-thigh made her look super seductive in a classy way.

"A few minutes ago. You?" She said continuing our conversation.

  "I've been home for a while. So you were with Stefan? How'd that go?" I asked not wanting to know if it went good.

 "Fine." She answered taking a sip from the blood bag. A drop of blood laid on her bottom lip. Stop I need to focus. "Nothing exciting happened?" I questioned taking my focus off of her tempting lips, also trying to figure out if he made his feeling for her aware.

 "Nope. Just talked about how I was feeling about the situation with Tyler then I came home. I mean here" she answered. I really enjoyed the idea of her thinking my home was also hers, but upset he hasn't told her yet. Realizing I haven't asked about how she was feeling since the morning after the attack I asked. "How are you dealing with the Tyler situation? I'm sorry if I have been insensitive to your feeling by not asking till now." I felt ashamed I got caught up in my feeling for her I forgot about how she was feeling.

"Don't be silly you have not been insensitive at all. And I'm doing fine, more than anything I'm angry. Not for breaking my heart I realized I hadn't been in love with him long before this but I still cared for him as a friend and he bit me than ran like a coward leaving me to die." Anger fill me thing about her laying, dying on her front porch.

"Don't worry Caroline he will get his, and as I promised I won't kill him." I smiles at thought of finally getting my hand on that wimp.

I was now in front of her, a strand of hair was hanging in front of her eyes so I gently brushed it behind her ear. I looked down at her taking in the sight. "Caroline even though you look positively marvelous you might want to be careful leaving your room in such attire, if Kol sees you he'll never leave you alone and I'd hate to have to break his neck" I flirtatiously warned her turning to head to bed. She grabbed my hand and turned me back to face her. He guided our faces closer together until our lip met. After the shock wore off I wrapped my arms around her back pulling her into me, elevating our peck to a true kiss one filled with passion and longing. I stepped back knowing that if I let this continue I would have to make her mine. "You shouldn't have done that" I said sadly staring at the floor afraid of what I would allow myself to do if I looked in to those amazing blue eyes of hers. She walked over to me slowly as not to spook me. Her hand was passionately place on my cheek raising my eyes to meet hers. When our eyes met it took my break away literally. I wanted her, but more importantly I wanted her happy. If that was on my arm then that would be perfect but before I could let that happen she needed to know that she has options. "Caroline, you need to speak with Stefan." I informed her an like a coward I wooshed to my room away from her.

What was it about her? I wanted to protect her, to love her, to make her happy even if it meant me being miserable. I did do these things. Niklaus Mikaelson cares for no other but himself.....and Caroline Forbes even though he try not to.