Chapter 16

Caroline:

I woke up alone; sadly I looked over to where Klaus was when I fell asleep. In his place was a note.

Caroline,

I'm sorry to leave. I have some things to attend you. I will be back tonight. I really enjoy being someone you care about.

                                                                     Fondly,

                                                                             Klaus

     I smiled rolling over and putting the note in the top drawer of my night stand. I laid flat on my back looking up at the roof. A knock came at the door and then her head popped in. "Care? Are you awake?"

 "Yes."

"Are you going to get out of bed?" She questioned.

 "Wasn't planning on it."

 "Do you mind if I join you?" Rebekah asked. I grabbed the blanket that covered me pulling it up as an invitation. Sitting under the covers with me Bekah looked at me for a while silent.

"What?" I asked feeling uncomfortable.

 "I'm trying to find a polite way to ask what happened with my brother last night." She said with a giggle. A big smile came over my face.

"Nothing. We laid here; I cried until I fell asleep, he held me." A silence fell over the room.

"Bekah stop it. I can hear you getting excited" I informed her rolling over looking at her.

"Sorry, I can't help but think that there is something between you two." She admitted looking for a tell on my face.

I smiled "Something alright" saying quiet but she heard me.

"Caroline do you have feelings for Niklaus?" She questioned with a shriek. Before I could answer her another knock came at the door. "Yes?" the door open and Kol popped his head in "Caroline there is a very attractive but a bit rude young witch here to see you."

"Let her up." I said.

"No problem but next time get the door yourself, I'm not your butler." Kol said closing the door.

     Bonnie entered the room and gasped. "Wow Caroline this room is amazing."

"Thanks I guess" I looked at Bekah assuming he had decorated it.

 "Don't look at me, this was all Nik." I just smiled. Bonnies sat on the bed with Rebekah and I.

"So Elena called me, told me what happened." She started to say. I was annoyed that this was coming up again and apparently it showed on my face.

 "Care, I'm not here to pick sides. I get it he saved your life and has been nothing but a good friend to you. I explained that to her and she seems to understand better and seems to feel really bad about how she acted."

 "Ok but not understanding it is one thing it seemed all she was worried about is if He and I are having sex."

 "Yeah, they're not having sex just sleeping in the same bed." Rebekah said trying to joke.

 "REBEKAH"

  "What? Was this not a good time for a joke?" she questioned looking confused. We all sat silent until one by one we broke out into laughter. Bonnie broke up our laughter by saying. "Honestly Caroline I think people are just over reacting because of the blood sharing thing, it will blow over you'll see." I nodded my head in agreeance.