Chapter 25

Caroline:

     I woke up in my bed back at my mom's house. On my night stand sat any envelope and a small jewelry box. I opened the box and inside was a charm for the bracelet he had given me for my birthday. This charm was of a fleur-de-lis it was kind of our unspoked symbol. Both of us always wore a necklace with a Fleur-de-lis on it when we first met. During being bitten one of the times my necklace was lost. After I added my charm to my bracelet I opened the envelope.

Caroline,

Please meet me at the town square at noon for a proper date.

Forever,

Klaus

     I looked at the clock it was ten, crap I better get ready. I quickly took a shower. I was at my closet picking out my outfit when a knock came on my door "Come in." The door opened and Elena walked in a flopped on my bed. "So did everything go as planned last night?"

 "If you're asking if Tyler's a hybrid now, yes" I said now standing in front of my mirror with two different summer dresses try to decide which one to wear. "The blue one. Are you feeling bad at all for helping kill Tyler?"

"Not really, now that he's a hybrid he can control when he turns he doesn't have to go through that pain ever again. Klaus also said that since he became a hybrid his blood lust isn't as strong" I informed her putting on the blue dress. I use the defuser on my hair quickly leaving it hang at a natural curl I added some light make-up and left the bathroom. Elena was lying on my bed looking up at the ceiling as I came out she rolled over and whistled at me "someone's got a hot date" she joked. I blushed and she shoots up "Caroline are you going to meet Klaus?" She asked rolling her eyes.

"Yes, and Elena don't start" I said look at her sternly. "OK. I'm just surprised you'd pick someone like him over Stefan."

 "Please just don't" I asked again. "I get it might be nice to have a bad boy ruffle those perfect feathers."

"GET OUT." I looked at the time 11:45 I better get going.

---------

Klaus:

     I was waiting in the town square across form the grill where Elena, Damon, Stefan, Matt, and Bonnie all sat outside laughing and enjoying some drinks. I looked to my left and noticed Caroline she looked beautiful in the blue dress the ended right at her knee. "Hey Caroline!" Bonnie yells and waved at her. She looked over and waved back. "Don't you look beautiful" I said as she arrived in front of me. Her eyes were wet she had just been crying. "What happened, love?" She looked at Elena and back at me. "I'm just tried of my so called friend judging me on who I chose to spend time with."

"We could go somewhere less public if you'd like" I said looking down not wanting her to feel uncomfortable with them being so close. "No. Niklaus I chose you. I don't care who sees." Then she leaned up and kissed me, chills ran through my entire body. "Caroline, normally you kiss at the end of the date."

"Well I'm not a normal girl."

 "I've noticed" I said quietly. Her cheeks were rosie red. I held my hand out for hers "My lady" I said as she place her hand in mine.

     We were walking in the woods behind my house when we arrived at small lake before I went there and set up a little picnic. We sat on the blanket "What do you want to talk about, love?"

 "Tell me about how you became a vampire."

"Caroline I really don't like talking about it."

 "You don't have to be guarded with me. I won't think any less of you" she said taking my hand. I sighed and started "My father was a Viking and my mother a witch, they had settle in a land filled with Werewolf. As long as I could remember during the full moon we would hide in the underground cave. One full moon myself along with my youngest brother Henrik snuck out to watch them turn. A wolf attacked and killed him. After that my parents wanted to make sure that they wouldn't lose another child so they came up with the vampire curse. We all drank wine that held the spell with dinner in celebration of Henrik's life. After dinner our father killed us by stabling us in the heart. When we woke he made us drink blood said that if we didn't we would die and this time we wouldn't come back unbeknownst to us it was blood of the girl that Elijah and I both loved."

   She was quiet for a moment "That's why your father hated you. Because your little brother?"

 "After a while we started to experience the blood lust. Once I drank my first human dry killing them I trigger the wolf inside. It was then that we found out my mother had been having a long time affair with one of the wolves, you see I was the only one who turned after killing. Believing that no one creature should truly be immortal my mother put another curse on me so that that would hide the wolf in me. My father had always treated me with distain, beating me for any and everything that I did and sometimes for no reason at all. After we found out I wasn't his Elijah thought our father always knew deep down and that's why he treated me cruel he couldn't love a boy that wasn't his."

"So did you ever meet your real father?"

 "No, Mikael killed him right in front of me."

"Where is Mikael now?"

 "Not sure, hunting us."

"Why?"

 "As I got older I grew stronger, My mother had given me a necklace with a bird on it as a gift said this way she would always be with me when really it was a spell that kept me weak so I wouldn't be able to kill anyone a trigger my curse. She kept me weak forcing me to take beating I didn't deserve for years so she could protect herself from my father. After finding this out I stabled her. My father now hunts me because I killed his beloved and hunts my brothers and sister because they chose me over him." There was a long silent moment "you now believe I am the monster you've been warned about."

  Taking my other hand and looking me in the eyes "No. It makes me understand why you act the way you do. You feel that no one will love you because your parent didn't. Niklaus you are loveable despite all the things you've done." We cuddle on the blanket for a while just enjoying the silence and each other's company "That explains the painting" She eventually said.

"Caroline Why are you so taken with that certain painting?" I questioned. "My father also tried to kill me. Vampires have always been a problem here in Mystic Falls and the Founding Families took care of them been that way since Mystic Falls was founded."

"Explains the name" I interrupted.

 "The Forbes were one of those family when he found out I was what I am he lock me in a cell under the police station. Took my day light ring off and out open these vents that lead the sunlight right to me. He was trying to break my blood lust said if I couldn't he would have to kill me. That went on for about three weeks."

"Nobody noticed you were missing for three weeks?"

 "I guess not. My father told my mom I was staying with him since we hadn't spent much time together. After not being around Matt when to my mother and told her he was worried something terrible happened. They ended up saving me."

 "Was this when you two were pretending to dating?"

 "No actually I had been dating Tyler for a year at that time. Guess I should have known he was a piece of shit earlier. Matt was just being a good friend."

"I knew there was a reason I like that boy" I admitted.

 "What? That how you treat people you like?" "Well he is dating my sister so I must keep his scared so he doesn't hurt her, just ask Bekah normally I would have killed him already she has a tendency to have bad taste in men."

     We spend more time just enjoying the view before I walked her home. We stood in front of her house "Klaus thank you for a great day, thank you for letting me in."

 "Caroline, I think this is how you say this, excuse me things have changed a lot since I last courted a lady but do you think you'd enjoy going steady with me?" She smiled and let out a little giggle. "WOW you are so old, no one asks that anymore but yes I would enjoy being your girl very much" she said then our lips meet and this kiss had felt even better than any of the others we had, it was the kiss confirming the fact that she was mine. "Until tomorrow" I peck her on the lips and whoosh was gone.