Five

Caroline

I woke up in Stefan's bed. Looking around for someone to explain how I got here.Then  it all started to come back to me, Klaus he saved me. I got out of the bed and walked down to the living room. I saw that everyone sleeping on the couches and floor. I smiled; it's nice to see the people who I'd do anything for there for me when I need them and apparently Klaus falls into the category. I don't know what it I but something about him fascinated me. 

I left the house quietly not wanting to speaking with anyone right now. I get to my steps and there is a black box. I pick it up and read the white card attached.

Happy Birthday.

-K

In the box sit the most beautiful white gold charm bracelet with a "C" charm. I enter the house to see a letter on the table from my mother.

Caroline,

Sweetheart I'm so sorry I have to work. I hope you have an amazing birthday. I'll make it up to you, I promise.

- Mom

I get to my room and take a shower. I put on a comfortable pair of jeans, tank top and my new bracelet. I grab a book and head down to the front porch, it's a beautiful day and I feel like reading. "Shakespeare?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

 "Impressed?" I retorted.

"Yes, I didn't know people of your generation read at all let alone read something as profound as Shakespeare."

"Well I'm not a normal girl" I told him.

 "Oh I know" he said quietly but I still heard it, and when I did it caused my heart skipped a beat.

"So how old are you anyway?" I asked changing the subject.

 "24" he answered. I looked at him with a wanting eyes and a smile.

"After a thousand year you stop counting."

"Wow that's old." I said jokingly. He laughed and I see that breathtaking smile and those undeniably sexy dimples.

  "So why all alone on your birthday, love?"

 "I'm not alone you're here." I told him.

 "Where are all your friends?"

 "I just wanted to be alone for a little bit. I didn't want to deal with the what happen question a hundred times. Truth it I don't know I was out for a jog like always and them I was bitten but I didn't see anyone."

 I look up at him and notice that he is clinching his fist. "Klaus, thank you for saving me." I said. "Anytime, love." he replied. 

"I'm not your love" I said with a smile.

"Caroline" a voice called. We both look to the sidewalk and seen Stefan. As he got to the steps he walked past Klaus and looked back at him.

"I'll give you two some space" Klaus said and started down the stairs.

"Klaus" I said and turned around "Thank you" I said again this time shaking the wrist I had the bracelet he had given me on. He nodded his head and continued down the street.