Chapter 4: I Had Strings

\Once the party was over and the guest left and the Avengers had gotten over their initial shock of my return, we all sat in Stark's living room type thing and drank a bit

"So, Wolf, how long are you back to stay?" Bruce asks. 

I shrug. 

"Well, I decided it was time to stop hiding. I have a friend who lives here, her name is Tristan and she said I could come stay with her for a while." I say, not telling them they major part. 

"Why don't you stay here?" Tony asks. 

"Tristan and I hadn't seen each other since high school, she actually went to collage." I say. "We'd planned this for the past few months." 

"Didn't you go to collage?" Steve asks. 

"Online, she went to an actual school." I explain and he nods. 

"So, who wants to bet I can pick up Thor's hammer?" Tony asks. 

"Please, it's a trick." Clint says and I laugh.

Tony stands up and walks over to the hammer, he pauses and looks at Thor. 

"If I pick it up I get to rule Asgard?" Tony asks. 

"Of course." Thor smirks smugly. 

"I will be fair but firmly cruel." Tony says and goes to lift it. 

It doesn't work. He even got a hand piece of his armor, had Rhodey help him with a piece of his suit, and it still didn't work. Bruce tried and failed but pretended to Hulk out, no one believed it. Steve went next and it moved slightly, but no one except Thor and I noticed. He couldn't lift it. 

I laugh a little and so does Thor but it is cut short as a high pitched noise screeches through the room. Everyone winces but due to my heightened hearing, it was way louder. I gasp and cover my ears. 

It stops and the sound of metal hitting metal sounds through the room. We all look towards the door to see an old Iron man suit that was all worn out and looked highly damaged beyond repair. It's eyes glowed, however. 

We all stand up, slowly getting weapons ready. 

"Ultron..." Bruce mumbles, glancing at Tony. 

The machine starts talking. 

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to hurt anybody..." It says, its voice not as robotic as I thought it would be but still very deep.

'Who did you hurt?" Steve asks. 

"It was all too much...I know he only meant well, but to become this...I had to kill the other guy.." He says. 

"Who did you kill!?" Thor demands. 

I was confused and everyone seems to glance at Tony, but Tony and Bruce share a look. Long story short, metal man went crazy and other suits started attacking. We defeat them and all that was left was Metal Man. 

He picks up on of the broken suits and looks at it in what seems like shame. 

"Look at this, all these...strings...I had strings.." It says. 

Steve throws his shield and when we thought Steve had killed him, he transferred himself to the internet base.  

We all run to Bruce and Tony's labs and Tony goes to a computer. 

"What did he mean he killed the other guy, there's no one else here." Steve says confused. 

"Yes there was." Tony says sadly and taps his holographic screen. 

A large orange orb appears in the center of the room, but it looked all broken, like thousands of dismembered nerves.

"JARVIS." Steve mumbles, looking at it shocked. 

"How could this be, when I got in he was working fine...until he stopped responding..." I say looking at the poor orb. 

I look at Tony and Bruce.

"What was that?" I ask monotone, I knew they knew the answer. 

"That...that was Ultron.." 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Whoa! Another chapter!?! Yay! Anyways, thanks for reading and remember:

~We will Avenge and Prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1