Chapter 27: Son of a Bitch

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?" Steve asks into the piece in his ear. 

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear," Tony replies, solemnly.

"He asked for a solution, not an escape plan," Steve says, walking over to Natasha. 

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second, we're going to have to make a choice," Wolfie chimes in, grimacing as she touches a deep gash on her cheek. 

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." Natasha trails off, looking at the blonde haired male. 

"Not 'til everyone's safe," Even when all hope seemed to be lost, Steve was still the one trying to find a better way. 

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there," Natasha says, trying to talk some sense into the captain. 

" I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it," Steve was stubborn but not seeing Natasha's point.

"I didn't say we should leave," She sighs as Steve turns to look at her. "There are worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?"

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff, it's about to get even better,"Fury's voice comes into everyone's comlink and Wolfie lets out a small laugh. 

"Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do,"

"Fury, you son of a bitch," Steve comments with a smile on his face.

"Ohh, you kiss your mother with that mouth?" 

Wolfie goes to meet Steve and Natasha, also seeing Pietro there with a giddy smile on his face. She stands next to him, watching as mini airboats come to take the people. 

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asks, looking at the wolf-eared girl.  

Putting her hand on his shoulder, she continues to stare at the Hellicarrier. "It's what SHIELD's supposed to be,"

"Let's load them up!" Steve takes off to get the people and Wolfie was about to follow suit until she noticed a certain metal wearing man in a certain metal suit. 

"Glad you finally joined the part, Rhodey," Wolfie laughs, watching as he takes out some bots in the War Machine suit. 

Then, turning around, Wolfie runs after Steve to get the people onto the boats and to safety. 

"You think you're saving anyone? I turn that key and drop this rock a little early and it's still billions dead. Even you can't stop that." Ultron says as he continuously hits Thor. 

They were in the church at the center of the city, the core only a few feet away. 

"I am Thor, son of Odin, and as long as there is life in my breast, I am...running out of things to say! Are you ready?" Ultron turns to look behind him but gets a face full of Mjolnir, Thor's hammer. 

Ultron goes flying and Thor gets up, summoning Mjolnir back to him from Vision's hand.  

"It's terribly well balanced," The red skinned being says to the god. 

" Well, if there's too much weight, you lose power on the swing, so." Thor retorts.

Tony flew around the hellicarrier with War Machine, destroying bots and protecting innocents. "I got it! Create a heat seal. I can...I can supercharge the spire from below."

"Running numbers," FRIDAY says as Stark continues to fight off robots from the Hellicarriers lifeboats. " A heat seal could work with enough power."

"Thor, I got a plan!"Tony shouts into his comlink as FRIDAY gives him the feedback.

" We're out of time. They're coming to the core," Thor's voice rings through Tony's suit. 

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on those boats," Tony commands, receiving a word of acknowledgment. 

"Avengers, time to work for a living,"

_______________________________________________

Bam and another chapter done, that's like what? Three today? I feel good about this. That's probably all I'm going to upload though, just to keep you all in suspense a bit longer. I'll probably keep writing though meaning I'll probably post a few chapters tomorrow. Thank you all so much for reading and remember:

~We will Avenge and Prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1