Chapter 13: The Story (Part 2)

It was a seemingly normal day for them all.

The Enchantress and warrior was talking, lazily sparring as the Jokester and the Thief talked about some things quietly to themselves as they made things appear. The brains and the leader still stood off to the side, watching the others quietly.

"What will happen in the future? I've already calculated every possibility and none of it seems good, at least not without death." The Brain told the Leader.

"Well, Klaw, there will always be death in the air, you know that. But as far as I'm concerned, we will be okay. We will live, at least you all will. You have to. As leader, I am sworn to make you live." The leader tells the Brains, Klaw.

"Well, is that all we are? An oath. You only stay and protect us so you do not fail at your duties?" Klaw asked, glancing at the girl.

"You know as well as I do that that is not true. I care about each and everyone of you and I would happily die first so I can say that I spent my entire life, and last moments, fighting alongside my friends and my family. Not for honor, but for peace." The leader says heartwarmingly as she let a small smile graced her lips.

"I think we're all happy to call you our leader, Shapeshifter." The Thief tells, them all turning to her with happy smiles.

However, before anymore could be said, an explosion rang through the air as the east side of the training arena burst into flames. Thankfully, they had all been on the west wide and the only thing that was hurt was their ears, the ringing loud and clear in them.

They all got up from the ground quickly, scrambling to get their weapons. Once armed, they run to the front gate and begin scouting around the place, splitting up to cover more ground.

It wasn't until they were all seeing the destruction and damage of the explosion did they realize it was a single handed bomb job. They all regrouped at the east wall where the damage was clearly the worst and they stared at the rising smoke. The flames had died down but the smoke still fogged the air.

However, a girl with long black hair and bright emerald green eyes stepped forward, seeming to have arisen from the ash and smoke.

"Who are you and why did you blow up our arena?!" The leader growled.

"Who, me? What makes you think I did such thing?" The mysterious girl feigned innocence.

"You're the only one here we don't know and you just came out of the smoke." The Jokester says blantly.

"Yeah, well, you're annoying." She says before rushing forward and they all engage in battle.

All was going good at first for the group, only minor wounds that could easily be healed. However, as the leader got distracted as she fought some look alikes of the girl that she'd created, she heard a loud scream. She easily defeated the look-a-like she was fighting and quickly spins around. She gasped in shock as she sees what had happened.

Single handedly she defeated the Thief, the Jokester, the Enchantress, the Brains, and now she held the Warrior in her grasp, a dagger held dangerously close to her throat.

"My name is Shadow, I believe you won't remember me" She says with a glare towards the leader.

"Actually....I do..." Shapeshifter says, her eyes becoming cold and into a sharp glare toward the girl.

"You're the girl who leads the Berserker army." She adds and Shadow smirked twistedly.

"Well, you seem to know my story. I'll let this one live." She laughs before throwing the Warrior to the ground, a small cut forming on her throat, before Shadow disappears.

"What happens next Wolf!?" Lila exclaims before she lets out a tired yawn.

"Well.." I trail off as I smiled and laughed faintly.

Shadow had stayed true to her word, she did indeed. It wasn't but maybe two or three days before the army attacked. It was out of nowhere and one of the worst days of the Leader's life.

"Midnite, take the west wall, I get the North. Meet back at the south!" Shapeshifter called to her companion before taking off running.

The Warrior, Midnite, hesitated only for a moment before running into battle. It was moments later, mid fight, when Shapeshifter suddenly heard a loud scream. She immediately ran away from the people she had been fighting and went to where it had come from, the east wall of the arena, the same wall they had been trying to repair moments before the attack.

But she had arrived too late, as soon as she got there she saw her friend collapse to the ground, a bad wound on her stomach. Shadow stood a few feet away, dagger in hand. Shapeshifter saw red and before she knew it, Shadow lay motionless on the ground. She rushed over to Midnite, dropping to her knees and crying.

But Midnite was gone...and it was that day, Shapeshifter made a promise that she would never let another person die because of her. Because she would get revenge. Shapeshifter bent down. Placing a small kiss on Midnite's forehead before says a few last words.

"I will avenge, and I will prevail."

I looked at Lila and found her fast asleep. I smile faintly before pulling the blanket up closer to her chin and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Then. silently, I turned full wolf and curled up on the floor beside the couch and soon I fell asleep. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Can anyone guess who Shapeshifter really was? Shoutout to whoever can! Thank you all for reading and don't worry, we'll get back on plot soon. Thanks for reading and remember:

~We will Avenge and Prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1