Chapter 24: Flying City

No one's Pov

No one's Pov

Thor had just walked underground to where Ultron had implanted the core. This was his job, find it. Destroy it. However, before he could do anything, a blue light begins to emit, confusing the thunder god.

Above him, on the streets of Sokovia, cracks were beginning to appear on the edges of the city, scaring people and getting in other's way. 

"Oh no," Wolfie mumbles, throwing down the bot she'd just successfully ripped in half with her bloodied hands. 

With her hearing, Wolfie could hear Tony talking to Friday in his suit.

"FRIDAY?" He asks the AI. 

"Sokovia's going for a ride.." Even though she was artificial intelligence, it wasn't hard to hear the shock and hesitance. 

"Do you see?" Ultron's robotic voice echoes throughout the air as he hovers about the crumbling city. "The beauty of it...the inevitability of it. You rise, only to fall," 

Wolfie tunes the robot out, using her air manipulation to get the people on the edges of the place to safety as they rise up. 

Wanda, with Clint, cowers behind a car in shock and fear, believing that this was all her and her brother's fault. Clint shoots an arrow at an incoming bot, hoping to silence it, but instead, another one comes up behind, Ultron's voice never ceasing. 

With Bruce and Natasha, they were getting out of the warehouse as fast as they could.

"We've got to go," Bruce says, looking at the crumbling ceiling.

"You're not going to turn green?" Natasha asks the male.

"I've got a compelling reason not to," 

Natasha smiles, "I adore you," Before wrapping her arms around him and smashing her lips to his. 

Just as he starts to kiss back, Natasha places her hands on his chest and pushes him off the ledge they'd been next to, 

"But I need the other guy" Bruce jumps up, now Hulk, and the green beast smirks to the redhead.

"Let's finish this job," 

Natasha could never have imagined she'd been clinging to Hulk's back as he jumped through the air, using flying pieces of rubble to propel them. Getting in the woods, Natasha flies off the green bean and manages to land. 

"I really hope this makes us even," She breathes out. "Now, go be a hero," As Hu;k jumps away, Natasha runs off. 

"The vibranium core has a magnetic field, that's what's keeping the rock together," FRIDAY informs Tony as he hovers in his suit near the flying city.

"If it drops?" He asks, "Right now, the impact would kill thousands. Once it gets high enough, global extinction," Okay, totally not what Tony, or anybody, wanted to hear in the moment. 

As Tony clears out a building, FRIDAY informs him, "I've got airborne, just near the bridge," 

Wolfie and Steve were barely managing on the bridge and as Wolfie takes out a bot, another slams her into a car on her back. 

"Wolf, you've got incoming," Tony says through her earpiece.

"Incomings already come," The wolf-eared and tailed girl growls. 

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely," Steve grunts, catching his shield he'd just thrown. 

Pietro slams into a wall, out of breath and desperately trying to catch it. Clint was shooting arrows as fast as he could and Wanda was getting off the ground. Wolfie stood next to Steve, letting out a breath. 

Everyone could hear her in their earpiece. "The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart," 

"You get hurt? Hurt them back. Get killed? Walk it off," Steve finishes. 

Wolfie smirks before running back into battle. 

As bots came down, terrorizing people, Hulk smashes in, ripping one of the metal men in half before they could hurt a woman and her child. 

Things just got real.

_________________________________________________

Look who finally updated! It's the weekend, I had some spare time, and yeah. Bam. More chapters to come. Thank you all so much for reading and remember:

~We will Avenge and Prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1