Chapter 29: Setting Sun

No one's Pov

No one's Pov

"They'll try to leave the city!" Thor says as the remaining robots retreat. 

"We can't let 'em leave, not even one. Rhodey!" Tony says through his comlink, War Machine hearing the command within his own suit. 

"On it!" Rhodey says back, seeing the robots. "Oh no, I didn't say you could leave. War Machine, coming at you," 

Just as War Machine begins blasting the robots, Vision comes up and takes out the remaining few, leaving Rhodey confused. 

"Okay, what?"

*Back in the church*

"We gotta move out, even I can tell the air's getting thin," Captain America says to his team. " You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." 

"What about the core?" Hawkeye asks, pointing to the device in the center of the room. 

"I'll protect it, it's my job," Scarlett Witch says firmly with a nod. 

With that said, Black Widow and Hawkeye head off in one direction, Captain America in the other. Suddenly, Quicksilver speeds in, smashing a robot that had headed for his sister. 

"Go, get the people on the boats," Wanda tells her twin, accent heavy. 

"I'm not leaving you here," He refuses stubbornly. 

"I can handle this," Wanda tells him just as she blasts off an approaching robot. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before."

"Hmm." Pietro hums, still debating on if he should leave her, however, the female twin speaks up once more. 

"You understand?" 

Pietro had begun to head off, towards the boats and remaining people, when suddenly he spins around with a goofy smirk on his face.

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you," This fact makes Wanda chuckle faintly, despite the situation. 

"I got your back, speedy. Orders from Cap," Wolfie says after bounding into the church and turning half wolf form. 

The female turns to Wanda with a faint smile tugging at her lips. "Stay safe, got it? I don't need anyone in the afterlife knowing what you've seen in my head," 

The comment was light-hearted and Wanda knew this, a smile tugging at her own lips. Despite everything they'd done, this wolf/female hybrid wanted her to stay safe, even protecting her brother. Wanda made a mental note to thank Wolfie later, maybe even giving her a small gift. 

"Go,"

With that final command, Pietro smiles at his sister, looking at Wolfie challengingly, before speeding off, Wolfie hot on his trail in full wolf form. 

**

"Boss, power levels are way below opt..." FRIDAY begins to inform Tony as he flies through the air. 

"Re-route everything. We get one shot at this." He demands. 

Below him, Clint and Natasha make their way to the lifeboats, Clint driving a car they managed to find and hot wire. 

"I know what I need to do. The dining room! If I knock out that east wall, it'll make a nice workspace for Laura, huh? Put up some baffling, she can't hear the kids running around, what do you think?" Clint asks his friend as they get closer to their destination. 

"You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway." Natasha states. 

"No one eats in a dining room." They reach the lifeboats and Clint parks the car, both jumping out. "We don't have a lot of time."

"So get your ass on a boat," With that being said, Natasha runs off to find Hulk. 

When she does find him, he is pacing with a destroyed robot in his mighty hand, throwing it down as they make eye contact. Natasha takes off a glove, stepping closer. 

"Hey, big guy, sun's getting really low,"

Now on the lifeboat, Clint glancing around the battlefield, a woman behind him calling for someone in a heavy accent. 

"Costel? We were in the market. Costel?!" She cries.

 Clint, soon seeing the boy trapped and waving for help, runs off to get him.

"Thor, I'm gonna need you back in the church," Tony says through his earpiece, below the city and beneath the core.

"Is this the last of them?" Thor asks Steve, hearing Tony along with everyone else on the comlink. 

"Yeah. Everyone else is on the carrier." Steve informs the Norse god. 

"You know, if this works, we maybe don't walk away." Tony's voice reaches their ears, the truth hitting them all yet no one seems bothered. Thor is the first to speak. 

"Maybe not." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! This story is slowly coming to an end, so sorry. It went by a lot faster than I thought it would, but oh well. I hated coming back to it because I wasn't sure if I would write a fourth book (doubt it) and I didn't want the story ending so soon. Thank you all for reading and remember:

~We will Avenge and Prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1