Chapter 17: Back Online

No one's pov

"Anything on Nat?" Bruce Banner asks his lab partner, Tony Stark. 

They both were back at Avengers Tower with the cradle and Clint, however, they were still missing Natasha, had no idea where Thor was, and could only guess what Steve and Wolfie were up to.

"Haven't heard. But she's alive, or Ultron would be rubbing our faces in it." Tony remarks, corning Bruce with the solid truth.

"This is sealed tight," Clint interjects the two as he looks at the 'package' while tapping on it. 

"We're going to need to access the program, break it down from within," Banner seemed to be talking more to himself than the other two, a habit he had.

"Hm. Any chance Natasha might leave you a message, outside the internet, old school spy stuff?" Tony questions, trying to lighten the mood while also hiddenly worried for the red head.

"There's some nets I can cast. Yeah, alright. I'll find her." With this, Barton walks off determinedly. 

"I can work on tissue degeneration if you can fry whatever operational system Cho implanted." Bruce now clearly spoke to Tony, who turned to him.

"Yeah, about that." Bruce looks up at Tony with a blank stare and hard expression. 

"No."

"You have to trust me." Tony continuously pleaded.

"Kinda don't," Bruce says blankly.

"Our ally? Is the guy protecting the military's nuclear codes? I found him." Tony says, messing with something on a computer before bringing up JARVIS' consciousness again.

"Hello, Dr. Banner," The AI says in it's robotic yet slightly British-sounding voice. 

"Ultron didn't go after JARVIS cause he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do. So JARVIS went underground. Okay? Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there until I pieced him together," Tony smiles triumphantly as he looked at the cradle with a proud smile.

"So, you want me to help you put JARVIS into this thing?" Bruce deadpanned, not interested in the thought of messing with the death bot.

"No, of course not! I want to help you put JARVIS in this thing," Tony points to the cradle and Bruce shakes his head. "We're out of my field here. You know bio-organics better than anyone,"

"And you just assume that JARVIS' operational matrix can beat Ultron's?" Bruce asks because what if this didn't work? They would have created another death bot possibly.

"JARVIS has been beating him from inside without knowing it. This is the opportunity, we can create Ultron's perfect self, without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. We have to." Tony was very persistent, Bruce would give him that.

"I believe it's worth a go," JARVIS spoke up and is he was human, Bruce would have glared his coldest at him. 

"No, I'm in a loop! I'm caught in a time loop, this is exactly where it all went wrong," Bruce wouldn't be held responsible, not again. 

The guilt of creating Ultron was already eating at him, all this destruction, the Maximoff girl making him go Hulk, hurting so many people, destroying things. He would not go through with it. He simply couldn't. 

"I know, I know. I know what everyone's going to say, but they're already saying it. We're mad scientists. We're monsters, buddy. You gotta own it. Make a stand. It's not a loop. It's the end of the line." As much as Bruce hated Tony sometimes, Banner had to give Stark credit. 

This was the end, whether they liked it or not. They could either try to defeat Ultron and get more people hurt, or they could take a risk and possibly save the world while making something so much better for it. 

Sighing, Bruce looked up to Tony and gave a faint nod. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this was so short but at least I updated! I'm watching Captain America Civil War again, idgaf, it's great. Fifth times a charm. Lol, anyways, thank you all for reading and remember:

~We will Avenge and Prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1