Chapter 22: Peace in my Time

By now, I was on the ground again and I was with Steve, directing people and leading them to get out of the city

"Come on, Elli, leave the bear!" I turn around to see a teenaged boy pulling ta little girl by the hand.  I run over, confused and concerned, there was no time for this.

"What's going on?" I ask, rushing up to the two,  receiving a hesitant look from the male and a hopeful look from the girl.

"Aren't you th-" Thankfully the little girl cuts him off.

"I left Jack back there!" She cries. I kneel before her and frown.

"Hey, it's okay. Jack's going to be fine. Why don't you go with this fellow here and I'll bring him back safe and sound. I promise." The little girl was hesitant but soon gave in, going with the man.

I sigh and look around.

With Tony, no one's pov

"Your man's in the church, boss. I think he's waiting for you." Friday's voice fills Tony's suit and without hesitation, he flies to where she'd told him Ultron was.

"Come to confess your sins?" Ultron snarkily replies to Tony as he arrives, landing in his suit.

"I don't know, how much time you got? " Tony looks around, hearing Ultron but not yet seeing him.

Suddenly there is the clank of metal behind him, causing Tony to turn around, and he is greeted with the sight of Ultron. New and upgraded.

"More than you." Ultron's voice, no matter how robotic, sounded a bit cocky with a hint of seriousness.

"Uhhh. Have you been juicing? A little Vibranium cocktail? You're looking, I don't wanna say, puffy..." At first Tony was shocked but quickly got over it, beginning to do what he did best and what he came to the church for.

"You're stalling to protect the people." It wasn't that hard for Ultron to guess.

"Well, that is the mission. Did you forget?" There was no use hiding it but there was a different meaning behind his words.

Tony secretly hoped that Ultron would see his wrong, see that was he was doing was chaos. Ultron was Tony's creation and no matter how much guilt he felt, Tony still had a bit of hope that Ultron would ultimately give up and begin what he'd been created for.

"I've moved beyond your mission. I'm free." As he speaks the floor in the center of the church erupts in a shower of rock and cement mixed with dirt." What, you think you're the only one stalling?"

A large cylinder rises out of the ground, made entirely of vibranium.

"There's the rest of the Vibranium. Function: still unclear." FRIDAY informs Tony, scanning the huge chunk.

Ultron begins to speak again from the other side of the vibranium core.

"This is how you end, Tony. This is peace in my time.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a very short chapter but another is to come. I am working hard right now because I haven't updated much all summer and school's about to start. Thank you all for reading and remember:

~We will Avenge and Prevail, we are the Fallen Angels~

-TheHumanExperiment1