"Wha-" Yeojin groaned at his comment. She sighed closing her eyes before glaring at the guy. "You've been saying that very often lately, you know?"

"Huh? What do I often say? Anyway, this would be your room." Kris opened a door. Yeojin walked past him to enter the room. "My room would be just right across-" she slammed the door in his face with a click of the lock, "yours." Kris just blinking before he clicked his tongue. "Girls." He rolled his eyes and walked to his room.

Yeojin wowed at the room for a moment. It was pretty big, and judging from the queen size bed facing the door, she figured it was supposed to be a room for two. She walked to the floor-to-ceiling window and was greeted by the sight of the beach. Between the beach and the cottage was a pavement. The sea reflected the dark color of the night sky. She could hear the distant sound of wave crashing the shore. She might squeal over this any other day, but the thought of Kris packing her underwear invaded her mind and she groaned again.

She threw herself onto the bed and buried her face on the pillow to muffle her scream of embarrassment.

__________

The morning came, but awkwardness was hung over the atmosphere. Yeojin felt herself blushing when she went out the room and saw a glimpse of Kris in the kitchen. The anger she felt last night had dissipated and now she could only feel embarrassment.

She entered the kitchen just when Kris turned around from the kitchen counter with two plates of pancakes in his hands. He looked startled but didn't say anything. He just silently sat across her and pushed one of the plates for her.

Pancakes had always been Yeojin's favorite breakfast since they were kids. Thus, although Kris didn't say anything, she knew it was his way of apologizing. She muttered a thanks and he just nodded.

They took showers after the breakfast and came out of their rooms with less awkward atmosphere. At first, Yeojin studied by herself in the living room while Kris was reading a book at the veranda facing the beach. After awhile, he moved inside the living room and offered to help her.

Yeojin was able to focus for awhile but the floor-to-ceiling glass window that offered her the sight of the beach wasn't helping at all. She asked Kris for a break so she could at least let her feet walked on the white sand, but Kris scolded her and told her to continue studying. Since the exam week was coming up on Monday, Kris ended up tutoring her on other subjects she admitted to be struggling with.

It wasn't until four o'clock in the evening did she finally finished the given tasks by Kris.

"Done!" She announced handing her worksheet to Kris who was watching the TV. "Now can we go to the beach?"

"We?" He quirked an eyebrow before checking her answers on the paper. "You go. I'll stay here."

"Why?" She frowned and then crossed her arms. "Oh, come on! It's not even that hot anymore outside."

"I am not going," he firmly stated as he stood up to go to his room. "Just go by yourself. Why do I have to come anyway?" He rolled his eyes and turned around, but his forearm was pulled by her. He turned his head to her and found her looking back at him with pleading eyes.

"It won't be fun alone."

"There are some people there." He pointed at the beach. "You won't be alone."

"They're strangers, Kris. Come on! Just this once! You've drove all the way here, and we're going back tonight right?" She pouted. "Please."

He sighed. "Fine. But I am not going in the water if you do."

"Okay!" She grinned and strode out the cottage.

Kris followed behind her with slumped shoulders. Why am I easily giving in to her lately?