I couldn't take it anymore, I swerved my car to the side, earning honks from the cars behind me, but I didn't care.

I had no idea how long I sat there in my car, clutching my hair tightly, resting my head on the steering wheel, trying to reign in the tears, to not let them escape. I didn't deserve to cry, this dream, this feeling of mine was too unrealistic, an angel could never be with a beast. Raine could never be with me, she would never want to, she never should, I didn't deserve to cry to let out the grief for something that could never have been mine. Raine was too good for me, me and her were miles apart. Looking into her eyes once made me feel as if I would rather rip out my own heart than hurt her. I couldn't take her from her world, she would be unhappy and she was much too precious to ever be unhappy. Much too innocent to ever be apart of my world.

Upon seeing her I had vowed to ensure the beautiful innocent happiness would always remain in her eyes, and taking her for myself would diminish that light. I could never do that to Raine, I would forever keep my promise.

I started up the car, running my hands through my dishevelled hair, unintentionally making it more disheveled. I sighed deeply, putting my car into gear, I didn't have Raine, nothing could ever go right for me.

-------2 Weeks Later-----------------------------
I parked my car, walking into my empty home, it was well past midnight, I loathed coming home to an empty house, but there was nothing left for me to do at work. I had gotten one of my men to check up on Raine yesterday, I wanted to hear the full report to how she was doing.

I unlocked my house, not bothering to turn any lights on, as I made my way to my bedroom. I sat on my bed, dialling quickly. My nerves running wild, we lived in a safe town, but Raine was the type to find trouble in a church.

I waited tapping my foot for him to pick up, and soon his panicked voice rang out.
"Boss, I'm coming over, Raine's been attacked" and I felt my heart stop, before it started up again beating tenfold.
"Stay with her." I growled into the phone, but it was too late, he had already hung up.

I paced around my house anxiously I was going to rip Antonio apart, how dare he leave her alone? How dare they let her get attacked, how could I have let this happen? I shouldn't have trusted my men to protect her, they were clearly incapable. Her happiness was everything, but her safety would always take priority. More important than giving her the distance she craved, was keeping her safe.

It seemed like hours, before I finally heard a loud knock I rushed to the door. My hands trembling as I undid the locks, ripping it open, to see Antonio's panicky filled eyes as he barged in.
"She's safe." He yelled out, when he saw me make a move to lunge towards him, and I halted, my heart rate calming down.
"Explain." I growled out. My body shaking with the anger that coursed through me, my teeth clenched so tightly it was painful, but I couldn't possibly care less. My gaze set intently on Antonio, who squirmed uncomfortably, looking completely terrified, as he should be.

"Her house was completely trashed, but she was working at the time, so she was safe. Her friend Jay was dropping her off when they saw, and she is currently staying with him." He ranted out, and I felt my blood boil.

"Who did it?" My voice rang out around the house making Antonio cringe.

"W-we don't know." He stuttered out, and I growled under my breath. Of course first they couldn't keep her safe, then they couldn't even track down the culprit.

"Send men to wherever Raine is staying, keep her safe or I swear to God I will rip your hearts out." I managed to grumble out, and Antonio nodded attempting but failing to disguise his fear.

"Men are already completely surrounding her, wherever she goes, our cars follow her." He said, and I nodded, at least they were smart enough to do that.

"You say you guys have no idea who raided her apartment?" I ask, and he nods.

"Let's go." I say, not giving Antonio a chance to answer as I walk past him, he jumps away from me, and I refuse to spare him a glance. As if dealing with him was my priority right now, Raine was and always would be first. Now that she was safe, I would personally have to make sure she stayed that way. Unlocking my car I wait for him to get in as I buckle up. Setting my most trusted on speaker, I send Antonio a glare as he mumbles a greeting that's far too enthusiastic to suit my current mood.

"James is she safe?" I ask.
"She's fine boss, currently at work, I'm posted outside the cafe, and three of our men are in the cafe." James reassures me, and my heart finally seems to settle as James smooth words register.
"Stay with her James." I say and he promises he will, as I cut the call before I can request to switch places with him. I was only present in her life to keep her safe, I deserved nothing more. She didn't want me in her life.

We make our way to her apartment, and as we reach there, I see the window of her apartment broken. My jaw ticks as I feel my blood boil again, nearly ripping the car door off I run into her apartment, followed closely by Antonio.

Her cozy little apartment was completely torn apart. All her furniture turned and broken, glass lying all over the floor, pictures ripped. I step over the glass making my way to her room, which is barricaded, making me growl in frustration.

Slamming into the door twice had done the trick, her door flew open, showing me her once perfectly clean bedroom, in tatters. Mattress ripped open, dresser knocked over, her belongings littered all over the floor. A message written on the walls in bright red paint, that made my blood run cold.
"Take away what's mine, and I'll rip apart what's yours."