"Lord Sesshomaru!" Jaken cried out, followed by A-un's slight grumble.

"I was too late." I told him, then continued walking off into the same direction I had been heading.

Following the trail of blood.

-

The village was a lot quieter than what I had thought it would have been. Of course, it was nearing the middle of the night and most of the village would have been asleep.

But I felt their eyes watch me through the windows as I continued to follow Rin's trail of blood, with A-un and Jaken following quietly behind me. Jaken had been crying, trying to keep it a minimum. I ignored him, my focus on Rin and solely on Rin.

I ended up at Inuyasha's house.

Not bothering to knock, I allowed myself in, following Rin's scent up the stairs and into one of their vacant rooms.

Their heads snapped in my direction when I slid open the door.

"Sesshomaru." I heard Inuyasha's voice.

I was watching as two other priestesses of the village, Kagome, and Kaede were hunched over Rin. She was coated in a spiritual barrier.

"How is she." I ignored my brother, asking one of the nurses.

"We just barely started on her, its hard to say. She lost a lot of blood. But she is still breathing, my Lord. She's holding on." One of the medics spoke.

A light purple light emitted from where Rin laid as Kagome began the healing process.

I glanced to the side as I watched my human brother stand up and approach me, before signaling to follow him outside.

I followed him out of the room, lingering my eyes a bit longer on Rin's anguished expression.

"Where have you been?" Inuyasha asked me once we were downstairs and in their living area.

"Away."

He scoffed. "Of course you were away. Care to specify?!"

"I was looking for something that had been taken from me."

"And it took you two years?"

"No. I haven't found it yet." Already he was on my nerves.

"What is it that is so important to you that it was worth sacrificing Rin's happiness for?"

I narrowed my eyes at him.

And then I swung my fist at him, sending him to the ground.

It was quite amusing seeing Inuyasha in his human form. Perhaps I could take advantage of this moment and beat him around a bit.

But his rudeness was annoying.

"Oww!! What the hell was that for, ya bastard?!" Blood was dripping from his mouth as he gripped his bruised cheek.

"You should show me some respect."

"Let me tell you something, ya bastard." He ignored my comment.

"Rin is in this state because of you."

I narrowed my eyes at him, watching him with incredulous eyes and clenched teeth.

As if knowing I wasn't going to say anything, he continued on.

"Ever since you abandoned her, she's changed. She hasn't been that optimistic and happy girl you left behind. It was hard to watch her grow more distant from us. You might have thought that leaving her here was best for her, but you were wrong. She doesn't fit in with humans. She fits in with you."

"A demon and a human do not mix well together." I said, trying to ignore that guilt pulling at my heart.

"Bullshit. Kagome and I mixed well together. What's the difference between you and Rin?"

"You're a worthless excuse for a demon."

Inuyasha groaned in annoyance.

"Not the point!" He snapped.

"What I do with Rin is none of your business."

"It is. You left her in my care."

"And look how that turned out."

"You'll be surprised to see how much she has changed. Her sadness, anger, that is all on you."

"I didn't bring her with me on this mission because I wasn't sure if I was going to make it out alive or not." I told him just to shut him up, making sure to lower my voice.

His eyes widened. "What?"

"There is a weapon called the Saber of the Three Worlds. It is a weapon created from the gods of heaven and hell, thrust down upon earth since its power was too immense to control."

"And why the hell are you going after it?"

That, I could not tell him.

"There is a reason why it has never been used in this world before. Only one person was able to successfully wield it, but only for 24 hours before he felt the horrifying effects of the saber take a toll on him."

"And who was that person?"

"Father."

-

edited 12/27/2019