VII: The Siblings

Start from the beginning

But I was surprised at her tone. There wasn't a hint of panic in there, it was calm, smooth, and almost silky..

"She's awake?" She gasped, before breaking out into a huge grin.

"Its because you're so loud, idiot." I glared at Hikari.

The girl laughed.

Hikari ignored my comment, turning her attention to the girl.

"What's your name?"

"Rin."

"Just Rin?"

"I don't have a last name." She said, as she moved her gaze between my sister and I.

"Ok, Rin. I'm Hikari. I don't have a last name either. And this here is my idiot brother who captured you, which I want to apologize for-"

"Stop rambling, would'ja?!" I snapped. "And how else would I have made her come with me? Ask her?!"

"Yeah!"

"She wouldn't have come with a stranger, idiot!" I snapped.

"Maybe she would have if you would've just told her that your sister was badly hurt and that you need a priestess with high spiritual power to help her!" She roared.

"Yeah, right! I'd rather have you dead!"

"Come at me then! Try and kill me!"

I rolled my eyes.

"You know I can't, fool."

She smirked in triumph.

"Stop acting cocky." I muttered.

"Sorry I'm not as weak as you are." Her smirk widened.

"You know, I may not be able to kill you. But I can beat your useless self to a pulp."

"Whatever, big brother." Hikari rolled her eyes at me, before we turned our attention back to the girl.

Shit.

"Where the hell did she go?!" I growled, feeling my demon ignite inside of me.

The cloak of mine that she had been laying on was empty. She had fled.

"God dammit, Kurayi! Look at what you did!"

"This was on you too." I shot back.

"Why do you have to be such a-"

"Instead of arguing with me, Hikari, why don't we go outside and search for her?" I suggested.

"This wouldn't have happened if you would have kept a closer watch on her.." She mumbled. But I ignored her snarky comment, making finding this girl my one priority.

"Split up." I told her the second we stepped outside. The new moon hung high in the dark sky, cascading shadows in its trail, making it slightly harder to find this girl.

But she hadn't gone far. I could smell her blood, the quick racing of her heart.

I sprinted swiftly into the trees, feeling her energy come closer in seconds.

And then I was in front of her as she stood in a small clearing. It was a dramatic sight; the barrier she had placed around herself glowed gold as she seemed to be glowing from its light.

I would be wrong if I said she didn't look like an angel.

"I dare you to come closer." She taunted.

I rolled my eyes. "Be thankful you've encountered me instead of my psycho sister. She would have torn you to shreds by now."

"And you think I don't think you will too?"

"Who knows what I think. But I think that if you don't cooperate with me, I won't have a choice but to use force on you."

"Like what you used on me when you abducted me?"

"Technically, I didn't abduct you. You came with me on your own will."

"Only because you threatened my family."

I smirked. "Your family, eh?"

She frowned.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to ask you nicely. Put down your barrier, priestess."

"No."

I clenched my teeth. "Please. I know it might not seem like it, but I do not want to hurt you."

"Then let me go."

"You know I cant."

"Then we can stay here all night and on through morning."

"Your energy will be drained by then. I could be patient and wait for that to happen, but because you are pissing me off and not cooperating, I'm afraid I'll have to use force on you then."

-

Kohaku

Kirara landed right in front of the stables as I jumped off her, after telling Miroku to stay on Kirara while I rode on A-un.

I needed A-un for this. He was the only thing that had familiarized himself with Rin's scent so much that it was almost second nature to him.

I let out a small yelp as I nearly ran into A-un, who was standing up, tense, eyes wide awake.

"Hey, A-un. Its me. Kohaku. Remember? We caught fish today?"

Surprisingly, A-un nodded his head. Or should I say, heads, while grunting in understanding.

"Good. Well, I have bad news buddy."

A-un cocked his heads to the side as if trying to understand what I was saying.

"Rin's been taken. We need to-"

A-un shoved me over as I fell onto his back. He grunted expectantly as I crawled on top of him.

I had forgotten how strong this little monster was. No wonder Lord Sesshomaru made A-un protect and watch over Rin when she was younger. I felt the bruise start to form on my side.

"Can you smell her, A-un?"

He grunted in response before taking off into the skies.

I'll take that as a yes.

-

edited 12/27/2019