I: Haunted Memories

Start from the beginning

I decided to go with a golden kimono that had delicate black strokes that scattered the silk material. My eyes wandered upon the small pile of kimonos on the bottom shelf of my closet as I pulled out the gold kimono.

They were the kimonos Lord Sesshomaru had gotten for me every time he visited. Of course, I couldn't keep all of them. The ones I had grown out of I gave either to Sango or to Kagome so their daughters could wear it when they're older.

I slid the closet door shut, feeling my heart sink again at the memories.

-

(hit play on that baby! ^)

Two Years Earlier

"Lord Sesshomaru!" I called after him. I stopped for a few moments to catch my breath, knowing he was just standing there waiting for me to say whatever I needed to say to him.

I was just thankful that I caught him before he left. I stood back up straight, approaching him.

He glanced back at me with that same expression he always wore whenever he would speak to me.

"Thank you again for the kimono. I love it!" I said with a smile.

He didn't say anything, but only continued to look at me with his compelling golden eyes.

I broke from his intense gaze, turning my attention down to Master Jaken instead, who was looking back and forth between us.

"Master Jaken. Make sure to watch over Lord Sesshomaru, okay? Make sure he doesn't get into anymore trouble!"

"Trouble? Lord Sesshomaru does not get into any trouble! It is you that would get him in trouble! Now.. you just take care of yourself, Rin! Don't you go causing trouble!" Master Jaken replied.

"Jaken. Leave us." Lord Sesshomaru spoke in a harsh tone.

I looked up at him in surprise, seeing that his head was turned back around.

Master Jaken, as if feeling the thick atmosphere between us, fled without asking any questions.

I felt my heart quicken when Sesshomaru turned his entire body to face me, his expression unreadable.

"I'm leaving." He said.

I frowned, not understanding his point.

"I'm leaving.. for a while."

Oh.

I could only look up at him dumb founded in response, not knowing what to say.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone."

Oh.

"Where... Where are you going?" I took a shy step forward.

He didn't answer, but instead continued to look at me with his haunting eyes, his bright golden irises that seemed to twinkle in the moonlight.

Fine then. Don't answer.

"Lord Sesshomaru. Please take me with you." I said, desperation in my tone.

His eyes widened slightly in response.

And then he turned away quickly, like he was angry.

"That's out of the question." He spoke lowly.