[Rick Grimes] Baby Brains

[idea by Angel_Of_Death6]
PROMPT:
When cornered in a bad situation, you decide it's probably time to tell Rick you're pregnant.

"This song again?" You complained, leaning your head against the car window and letting out an exasperated sigh. Rick smiled, turning up the volume on the radio. His hand travelled to yours, lifting it up and moving it to the beat with his.
"God no. I've heard it on loop for hours."

He continued to bob to the old song, ignoring your comments and enjoying himself. Inevitably, being in the company of such a happy Rick, you were enjoying it too.

Your hand squeezed his as he began to drive up the road. The two of you had planned to go on a supply run- but when you presented that idea to the people of Alexandria most just laughed.
"In other words, they're screwin' in the back of a car somewhere." Daryl had said, earning a grunt from Rick.
"You'll try to at least get something won't you?" Michonne piped.
You didn't really have the intent of romancing with Rick. Instead, there was some pretty big news you had to bear.
You were pregnant.
P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T. Pregnant.
Oh god. It made your stomach flip out just thinking about it.

With Carl and Judith already to his name, you figured Rick couldn't possibly want any more kids- which was what made delivering this news so hard. Not to mention that Rick had lost his previous wife during childbirth. He'd be scared out of his mind that it might happen again.
"Hey Rick?" You asked, your voice barely audible under his music. He turned it down, glancing at you and then returning his eyes back on the road.
"Yeah?"
"We have to talk about something."
"Can we do it when the song is over?" He asked, grinning. You nodded, sinking down into the chair.

Rick pulled up in front of an abandoned factory.
"Here. We'll start here."
You unbuckled the seatbelt and stepped outside onto the mulch.
"It could be dangerous." You noted, pulling out your gun and getting ready for anything.
Rick nodded- but he didn't reach for his gun, he just sorta waltzed beside you. Now you felt foolish.

The factory outer exterior was rusty and old. Inside seemed perfectly harmful but looks could be deceiving.
Together, the two of you walked into the warehouse.
As you stepped inside, the opening was just a room. At the far side of it was a door. This must have been the lobby.
"Uh." You mumbled, peeking around. "Nothing in here?"
You turned around and bumped into Rick. He was now very close to you. Very close.

"Oh." He snaked his hands around your waist. "We're not out here looking for supplies...are we?"
His head lowered to your neck and began kissing it.
No. No more baby making juice. No more of that. Not for a while.

"Rick." You protested, pushing away. "Not now."
He stepped back.
"Is something wrong?"
You shook your head, rubbing your eyes with weak fists.
"Yes...no..."
He chuckled. "I'm gonna need an answer."
"Rick." You leaned against the desk by the door, your hands using the desk to support your body. "I have to tell you something!"
Rick paused.
"Y/n. What's wrong?"
"I...I'm"
But just as you opened your mouth, you heard a sound. The sound caught the two of you off guard. It was coming from behind the door.
"Oh for gods sake." You took the handle of the door, turning it and yanking it open.
As the door creaked even a centimetre open, it was shoved. You stumbled back.
Out came a walker.
Rick hoisted you up by your waist, when you were standing, he took his gun out of its holster and shot the walker. You grunted, stepping over the walker and walking through the doorway.
"Let's just look for supplies. I didn't come here to screw you, Rick."
Inside the room it was dark. It was also big. Rick followed you inside.
"So what were we suppose to do, huh? You trying to get in my pants before we even clear this place? A walker could come by and bite you while you were butt naked? How would that make you feel? Huh?"
He grabbed your arm.
"I don't understand what's wrong? Now I'm sorry if I made you feel like doin' somethin' you didn't wanna do?"
You shook your head. You were mainly just stressed. No need to take it out on Rick- but still, it was his hyperactive hornyness that got you in this position.

Just as you said that, you heard walker growls.
"I'm so sick of walkers interrupting every god damn conversation we have." You curse, sticking your gun up and aiming it at the walker coming from the entrance of the factory. As you went to shoot, another dozen walkers came from the entrance, pushing their way through. The gunshot Rick fired must have sent them all in this direction.
"Crap." Rick hissed, slamming the door shut and pushing his back against it. "Help me!"
You nodded, scrambling in the darkness. A table. In the far back of the room there was a table. Quickly, you ran to it, dragging it over as Rick struggled to keep the door closed. You pushed the desk against the door. It didn't do much for the force but it helped both you and Rick keep the door sealed shut.
"This shit. Never a break." You grunted, sitting on top of the table. Rick sat beside you.
"What're we gonna do?"
Rick shrugged. "We wait it out."
"Great plan." You sighed.
Rick turned to face you.
"Y/n. Don't make me ask you again." he growled. The darkness swarmed the two of you.
"Rick." You sighed, tears pooling in your eyes.
"Rick...I'm pregnant."
There wasn't complete silence. The sound of walkers banging against the door ruined it. Rick was still and silent though, his back pressed against the door.
"How do you know?"
You took a deep breath, wiping away the stray tears.
"I took five fricken tests. I'm sure."
He stared into the darkness before you.
He nodded. "We'll figure it out..."
"Rick..." The tears returned. "What the hell are we gonna do? Are we going to have it? I mean- this sort of thing doesn't come lightly in this world. I'm...I'm...I'm terrified."
"Hey," he comforted, wrapping his arm around your waist and pulling you closer to him.
"I said we'll figure it out. You got me. You got me."
You cried onto his shoulder. It was true. You were scared out of your fricken mind.
"Hey Y/n?" He whispered, resting his head on yours. "Thanks for telling me."
You sobbed harder.
"God. Getting the courage to even take the tests...how could I not tell you?"
He smiled to himself.
"I mean, we're in this shit situation. There's six times more walkers out there than us and we're talking about babies. How the hell are we dealing with this?!"
He took your face in his hands.
"It's gonna be okay. Y/n and little baby Y/n are gonna be alright. You listen to me. I will make sure with every breath that you stay safe."
You nodded. Locking eyes with him.

"There ain't nothing stoppin me from getting you and our baby home. Sure as hell not some damn rottin' corpses. No way."

You smiled, felling him squeeze your hand.
"Hey Rick?"
"Yeah?" He replied.
"Thank you." A grin formed on your face.
"For what?" He beamed.
"I don't know. For being you?"
He grinned back at you.

"Then I guess you're welcome."