[Paul Rovia] Last Day On Earth

PROMPT:
You're both about to die. What do you do? Confess your undying love to each other. Only things don't go as planned.
[ requested by @AsheighDunsmuir ]

" well

" well... this is awkward. I thought we were about to die. "

With walkers closing in down the hallway, you looked to Jesus with crystallised eyes. No tears developed. A sad state of euphoria sizzled over your body as you took him by the collar, he stood with no surprise as you pressed yourself against him. He looked to the dozens of walkers stumbling down to you. The two of you were trapped. About to die. Here went nothing.

"If this is our last day on earth, then I think I need to tell you the truth." Your breath was airy and fast paced. You could feel his breath beating your nose. Jesus nodded.
"Yeah. You're right." He whispered. "On the count of one, two, three."

You shut your eyes, letting the words fly out as you clutched him tightly. It was remarkable that either one of you could be heard over the shuffling and groans of the impending walkers.

"I LOVE YOU." The two of you both said in unison. Then you opened your eyes to meet his blue ones. With a small smile, you spoke to yourself.
"Well...I feel a helluva lot better with that one off my chest."

Jesus cupped your face, kissing you passionately. This kiss was worth it all. Considering it was both your first and your last.

Then the two of you turned to face the group of walkers, now only a metre away. Things had gone in slow motion. Now, however, they were going fast. Jesus grabbed your hand and held it tightly within his own. It was warm.

Then suddenly bullets exploded through the narrow hallway. Both you and Jesus pressed your backs against the wall, staring at the bullets as they trimmed down the walkers. From behind the walkers came slight glimmers of fire, the only thing you could think of was machine guns. Big ones.

As the remaining walkers reared in closer, Jesus high kicked them away from the two of you. You watched as the last standing walkers fell to the ground. When all were gone, you two could finally see the heroes who had saved you.