[Daryl Dixon] Twinkies

CHECK OUT HuntersContests FOR CUTE CONTESTS!

PROMPT:
Daryl finds a young boy during a run for ammo.
[Requested by Groock15 ]

"Daryl

"Daryl." Rick bellowed, staring down at the redneck from across the Alexandrian street. "Be safe."
Daryl shrugged, placing a cigarette between his teeth and swiping up his crossbow. He made his way over to his motorcycle, grumbling as he slid on top of it.

It's not that Alexandria particularly needed ammo- it was that Daryl needed a break. He wanted out. Sometimes, it was good to just get some space- so his anxiety wouldn't override him and he wouldn't freak out. So ammo it was- and thus Daryl decided to make a noble trip to anywhere that looked like it would have ammo.

Daryl found venturing outside of Alexandria a breath of fresh air. Of course the people he loved were there and it was his home- but even before the dead walked Daryl found himself in need of a break from time to time. At the prison he'd use these breaks to hunt. Now, however, he had to decide why he was leaving- and give everyone a logical explanation towards it.

Daryl left with a small backpack, with just a can of beans, bottle of water and jacket. Unprepared, some would call it. But Daryl Dixon never really needed anything but himself when it came to surviving.

He'd been gone for two days and so far found one box of ammo. Daryl was further away from Alexandria than he'd care to admit. Further away than Rick, Glenn and Carol would have liked.

In fact, as Daryl found himself standing in front of the old department store, he felt a foreign feeling in his stomach. He took out his crossbow, analysing the walker as it approached him. The walker was fresh, with a bright red stripy rain jacket on. Daryl scoffed lightly at the walkers choice of attire, before shooting a bolt through its head.

He kept telling himself that this was what he needed. Thing was, Daryl was beginning to miss his brother. Hell, even his cousin Jess. When there was more silence and time to think, thoughts swarmed his head. Thoughts Daryl preferred to keep down.