[Daryl Dixon] All I Ever Wanted

ALL I EVER WANTED AND SOMETHING MORE

PROMPT:
The emotional wreckage of a relationship with the man you love the most.
[requested by lightning_Zvhal ]

He fought hard-  but Daryl Dixon was always a fighter

He fought hard-  but Daryl Dixon was always a fighter. From the moment you met him in the dusty clearing not far from Atlanta city, you knew he was a fighter. You'd arrived there with your sister in law, Lori Grimes. Her son and their friend Shane Walsh. Things always felt like a puzzle piece was missing. Lori felt like she was complete as long as she had Shane there by her and her son's side...but it wasn't ever like that for you. You never really felt a part of that group. Even though legally you were family...you just didn't feel like a family.

For a while you blamed it on your brother's absence- but when the young sheriff was brought back to Atlanta from a lucky draw of fate...you were disappointed to still be attached to such an emptiness.

Then you met Daryl Dixon. It wasn't a tale of; boy meets girl and changes her life. No. You didn't believe in tales like that. Instead, being with Daryl brought out a part of you that you fell in love with- and from there...you fell in love with the redneck.

That was something you always believed in. Before you could love someone, you had to love yourself. Daryl Dixon wasn't the missing puzzle piece...but he sure helped you find it.

Rick knew how lost you had been. Rick saw how broken you were- and when he saw the impact that the redneck man had on you...Rick instantly knew that this was something that would last forever. But did he really know? Because sometimes things would only seem that way...were they?

They had to be.

Because the thought of losing him killed you. It ruined you. It was what kept you up at night. Even though you were lying in the tent, wrapped in his arms and surrounded by his warmth...you still couldn't stop thinking about the person you'd become without him.

Until the domino came tumbling down- and you no longer had to think about it. You could now live it.

He was a fighter. Though Daryl Dixon would never fight you, he was still prone to spark up and speak his mind. Sometimes his words stung. Sometimes you shouted back. Sometimes the two of you shouted so hard that by the time you were done, you'd cried all the tears you could possibly cry and your voice could no longer be found.

Sometimes things would get rough- and sometimes they wouldn't.

It was toxic.
The two of you were toxic.
But yet- like magnets,
You were drawn together.

When they spoke about love in romance movies they never spoke about this kind of love.

And it wasn't until one faithful night that you really understood who you were and who you'd become.

The night that you decided to leave Daryl Dixon.

It wasn't that you didn't love him...it was that you were scared. You were scared not of him- but merely of yourself.

You found yourself sobbing in your older brother, Rick's arms, explaining to him the words which had ended everything. Rick bared more anger than you about the entire situation. Because he never needed to see his little sister hurt. There was enough death and destruction in this world to tear a person down alone.

The sun rose as fell- and Daryl never left the tent. For three months he stayed in the tent. Maggie, Glenn and Rick brought him food. And of course he left to go hunt every day- but Daryl was disconnected. You missed him with every day that passed. You longed for Daryl.

Until at last you gave in. You found yourself unzipping his small tent- sheltered by the darkness. He jolted awake when he saw you- but relaxed straight away. Your breath hitched in your throat as you lied beside him, staring at the top of the tent.

"Daryl." You whispered, tears prickling at the corners of your eyes. "I'm sorry that I left you that night. I shouldn't have ran off like that."
You turned your head, watching Daryl's Adam's apple bob as he gulped.
"But I owe you an explanation." You paused, closing your eyes. "I'm pregnant. I found out the night of the fight. I love you so much- but in this world not even tomorrow is promised. Not to you and not to me. I was scared that I'd lose the baby- and maybe even myself. I was scared it'd die and tear me up from the inside. I was scared of hurting you. I don't know why I let myself leave...and I've spent nights upon nights regretting it- but I feel like it's best that I stay away from you. I feel like I'm a distraction...that I made you weak."
Daryl was silent for a while- before piercing through it with his gruff voice that you'd missed so much.
"No. That's bullshit." he gulped once more. "You ain't never made me weak, Y/n. You made me strong. You made me wanna fight. My kid?" He asked. Oh, it felt so good to hear his voice.
"Yes."
"Then I'm gon be the best damn father to this kid ever. Ain't no piece of shit fractured man like my father." He told you. You smiled to yourself.
"Do...do you forgive me for leaving?" You asked him.
Daryl cleared his through.
"Yeah. I forgive you."

And just like that- a fire was ignited. A love was sparked. Two lovers that had lost their way, found themselves.

Hope this one is okay. Please let me know if you enjoyed it!

CALLING MY SUPERNATURAL FANS!!!
I have a fanfic out called 'brothers&sisters' based off of characters very close to my heart. One of which you may recognise *wink*. I promise complete amazingness. Please check it out and leave me a comment.