[Daryl Dixon] No Way Out

PROMPT:
You think Daryl has fallen by the hands of the horde coming right at Alexandria- where you and your son wait for his return. There's no time to worry about him though, the gates have been broken and its up to you to defend Alexandria and your child- who also happens to be Daryl's- from the impending horde.

[info: sorta sequel for A Dixon Baby, so your baby's name is Beau. If you want to know the backstory of this imagine, check out A Dixon Baby, it's the 5th Daryl one that I've written. Set in 6:09]

You stepped out onto the porch, holding Beau in your arms. His little hand reached to your face, grazing his fingers along your cheek.
"It's a mess out here." Carol mumbled, passing you and entering the house. She still had blood on her forehead from where she'd made a 'W' sign. You sat down on the porch chair.
"Still not back."
Carol turned to look at you.
"He'll be back." She said, so profusely confident. "He always does come back."
You smiled. With the time you had apart from Daryl, you just couldn't stand the thought of him being out there with that giant mass of walkers all on his own.
Still, you had your own things to worry about- like would the wall hold the horde of zombies aimlessly banging their fists against it. Would you be able to keep Beau safe?
Carol leaned against the exterior wall of the house.
"He's getting big." She nodded towards Beau. You smiled, taking his tiny hand in yours.
"Yeah. He was so tiny to start out- finally getting to a better weight."
Carol reached out, brushing her fingers on his head. His fair hair (which he got from his father).
"Sophia was tiny when she was his age too." She then fell silent. "Take care of him with every fibre in you." Carol instructed. You nodded.
"You don't have to tell me to. I will, I will protect him with everything I've got."
She nodded, entering the house. You followed her inside, placing Beau in the crib inside you and Daryl's room.

Then, once he was settled, you left the house, tugging a jumper on to your shoulders.
Outside on the streets, you spotted Rick.
"Rick!" You yelled, waving at him. He spotted you, then paced his way over.
"How're you feeling?" He asked, creasing his brows.
"I'm okay. Haven't heard anything from Daryl...have you?"
He shook his head. "Haven't heard anything from anybody, to be honest"
You frowned, looking down. Rick placed a hand on your shoulder.
"Hey, he'll be alright."

The two of you started walking towards the wall, which was shaking a little bit. There were cars lined up in front of it. Before you could say anything, you caught Rick looking at something in the sky. Out of reflex, you looked up, spotting a bunch of green balloons flying in the sky.
Maggie came running down the path.
"Glenn! It's Glenn!"
You smiled, staring at the green balloons drifting further and further into space. Then, with an awful creak, your attention was pulled into a different direction. Pulled in the direction of the tower outside of the Alexandria wall.

It leaned scarily low for a second, then the tower came collapsing down, knocking over the wall in front of it. Oh no. The wall, the horde behind the wall.

The dinner bell had been rung,
And Alexandria was getting served on a golden platter.

Within seconds, walkers were flooding in.
"Rick!" You screamed, running beside him. "I have to get to the house!"
He nodded- and you took off in a sprint towards the house.
When you got there, you pounded up the stairs and shoved through the door. The house was empty, so you shut the door behind you and raced up the stairs and into your bedroom, where Beau played with a teddy-bear in his crib.

You gasped for breath, locking the bedroom door and peering out the window. The streets filled with walkers- and gunshots filled your ears. Beau emerged in tears- so you bent over and picked him up.
"Shh, shh." You cooed, bobbing him on your hip. "Beau- it's all gonna be alright, baby."
From here, with the view of the window, you could see Rick and a few others go into Jessie's house. You shuddered, leaning against the wall and calming down your son. Perhaps, if you just kept quiet, with Beau, the walkers would bypass the house and the room and you two would go un-noticed. Perhaps.