[Rick Grimes] Childs Play

PROMPT:
You and Maggie are best friends and you confide in your crush on Rick to her. Sick of you two flirting, Maggie decides to tell Rick so that you two can finally be together.
[Requested by hillimmie1 ]

"Bye Rick." You call out, over the long field of grass. He looks over his shoulder at you, a sleek grin plastered on his face. He lifts up his hand and waves to you, which puts an identical smile on your face.
"Maggie." You say, turning your head to face your best friend. "Gonna go look after Judith, wanna come?" You say, looking over at Rick once more. Your eyes glazing over his perfect figure.
"You know," Maggie says, a smirk on her face. "Lookin after his baby won't make it yours."
You nudge her gently, blood surfacing to your cheeks.
"Shut up, you. Now are you coming or not?"
She rolled her eyes, smiling. "Course I am."

The two of you walk together, entering prison A block.
"He likes you too, you know." She says, skimming all the cells.
"No he doesn't." You reply. There were signs here and there that your massive crush on Rick Grimes could possibly be returned but you didn't wanna get your hopes up.
"I really think you should just tell him. We're all on borrowed time already- just gotta make a move." She took her time to tie her short brown hair into a ponytail.
She was right. If only you had enough guts to tell him...oh if only. These kind of things didn't come naturally to you. Crushes. They just felt so immature.
"You're good with Carl. The kid loves you. Wouldn't be surprised if Judith called you mom by the amount of time you spend with her... Just think it would be better for you if you did tell him."
You bit your lip, brushing a thin strand of hair out of your face.
"Maybe." You ponder, the two of you entering the room where Judith lay in her cot.
You scooped her up in your arms and sat down on the bed opposite her crib. Maggie sat next to you.
"You know I can't... I mean...I'm just not good with this stuff."
Maggie leans back and so do you, rocking Judith.
"Alright." She coos. "You should talk to him when he gets back from the run."
You shake your head. "I couldn't. I'm telling you Maggie, it was hard enough for me to tell even you!"

Maggie was good with guys, before the world ended and after it ended. She was your best friend in the world but she was so different. The things she lacked you had and the things you lacked she had. That was why you two were such a pair. Together, their was nothing you couldn't accomplish.
"I wish..." You stared at the metal wall of the prison cell. "I wish he would just walk up to me and kiss me. Imagine how amazing that would be."
She scoffed. "Yeah, when all that unexpected kissing ends up to unexpected touching and feeling, make sure you take it to the wardens office. I don't wanna hear that."
You laugh, reaching over and grabbing Judith's bottle of formula to feed her.
"It's not like that. It's just...with all we've lost I can't help but feel alone. Even just being near Rick makes me happy. Imagine being his partner in crime." Your mind wandered to all the possibilities.
"Y/n." Maggie says, her voice serious. "You're drooling."
You sit up straighter, standing to put Judy back in her crib.
"I'm gonna take a shower." You tell her, hugging yourself as you trudged along A Block to your cell.

You took a short shower and got dressed in clean clothes- which had been freshly washed. Then you laid back on your bed and picked up some old comics Carl had leant you. You didn't really want to read them at the time but he really wanted you to. Guess it was because he had nobody to discuss about it with. You understood it. What was the harm in giving it a go anyway?
Halfway through the book there was a knock on your cell door. When you put the comic away to look you practically jumped out of your skin. You were surprised by how much time had gone by.
"Oh- uh, Rick. Sorry. Come on in." You didn't mean to make it awkward but like you had told Maggie a million times, this just wasn't your gig.
He stepped inside and leant against the cell doors.
"I was...I was talking to Maggie." He says, looking down at the ground.
Oh god. Maggie. Now is not the time for friendly betrayal!
"Maggie?" Jesus Y/n! Stop talking and let him finish.
"Yeah." He says, having brief eye contact with you. "About you."
Oh fook. No. This cannot be happening.
You couldn't bring yourself to speak.
"Y/n...do you like me?"
Your heart began racing at the speed of light. "Of course I like you. Why wouldn't I?" That's right Y/n. Play it casual.
"No...uh. Like...forgive me when I say this but do you...love me?"
"No." You quickly reply. He looks down at his feet, slowly nodding. "Just had to clear that up."
He walks out of the cell and you could just about punch yourself in the face. Why would you say that? What a stupid thing to do! If only you had forged up the guts right then and there, maybe things would turn out different. Too late now.
You put your face in your hands and cower in embarrassment.
"Y/n?" You hear, catching your attention. It's Rick, again.
"Yes?" You say, the pain and embarrassment in your voice.
"I love you." He barely says it. It's soft and quiet but you hear it.
"What?"
He moves closer to you and you sit straighter on the bed, your breathing fastening.
"I love you." He repeats again. You bite your lip. "So I'm just gonna go out on a limb and double check that you don't feel the same way. Do you?"
You stand up, despite your legs being weak.
"I love you" you whisper, out of breath. Then he does it. He wraps his arms around your waist and meets your lips with his. His lips are incredibly soft, that detail rings around your head.
Slowly, you wrap your arms around his neck, a smile spreading across his lips as he kisses you.
He pushes you gently onto the bed and continues to kiss you. Your heart rate continues to burst. Fireworks of thoughts and emotions practically exploded in your mind. Maybe that was what people meant when they said they saw fireworks as they kissed the person they loved the most.

The kiss felt like forever, the both of you laying on the bed.
The two of you were shocked when a loud knock on the door broke the concentration.
Someone cleared their throat.
"Um- Y/n. Dad?" You heard Carl say. You and Rick parted quickly, you almost hitting your head on the top of the bunk.
"Guys, seriously, that's gross." Carl exclaims, clutching a few comic books in his arms.
Rick runs his hands through his hair, standing up and leaving the room without saying anything. You straighten your back and stand up, knees still weak.

"Sorry about that, Carl." You say, smoothing your hair back.
"No. It's alright. I was rooting for you guys. We all were. Just y'know...if you're gonna do THAT could you at least put a curtain up over the walls?"
You enlarge your eyes. "Dude! We so weren't doing THAT."
Carl grins which causes you to nervously grin.
"Anyway I brought you these to read. They're kinda crap but they're time killers. Even though you have my dad to do that now..."
"Carl! Stop!" You say, flustered.
"Hey. Like I said. No judging."
He passed you the comics and you took them in both arms.
"You want me to...uh...call him back?" He asks. You pat him on the shoulder, shaking your head.
"Nope. I've gotta go find Miss Greene. I've got a bone to pick with her."

But in all honestly you weren't going to Maggie's cell to get mad at her- you were going to her cell to freak out about what had just happened with her. Talk about Rick Grimes' soft lips, his flustered I love you's. Basically everything Rick Grimes related.

Cause although Maggie totally made a biatch move, you were pretty damn grateful for it.
Pretty damn grateful.

SORRY IF ITS CRAP!!!! Also you guys, please don't hesitate to request!