[Daryl Dixon] How Did We End Up Here?

PROMPT:
After being forced to share a bed with Daryl for the night - banter turns into confessions...and you find yourself feeling something for the quiet redneck. Over the next few days...you realise you may not be the only one.

[Requested by the lovely DixonLover2724. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing idea's with me. I love them a lot. Everyone, go give her a follow!]

inspired by 'Just a Kiss' by Lady Antebellum

You pressed your back against the wall, breathing heavily as Daryl barricaded it, the sweat dripping off of his shaggy hair. Slowly, you slid down the wall, taking off your shoe and peeling off your sock. A look of disgust went over your face as you saw your foot. It was broken. Definitely broken. You tried to wiggle your toe- your scream of pain audible even under the banging of the walkers outside of the door. Daryl stepped away, sure that the barricade was secure enough. He watched as you slid your sock back on.

"Oh man." You grit your teeth. "That sucks."
Daryl looked down, watching you. "Can you walk on it?" he inquired. You shook your head, trying to stand up.
"Uh. No. I can't."

The room the two of you were now in was small. It consisted of about one square meter of floor space, a mini fridge and a single bed. Just your luck. Stuck in a small room with a redneck who hardly ever spoke.

Daryl helped you up and you tried to stay tough, keeping the pain on the inside. You sat on the end of the bed, watching Daryl.
"So what now?" You growled, looking around. "We're now in the world's most tiny hotel room, with a dozen walkers banging against the door. We don't know how long it's going to take for the group to come. I'm skint. I can't walk and you can't take them all on your own. What now?" You didn't mean to be a tyrant...only it was something the two of you needed to figure out. You were friends, yes, but spending days locked in the room with Daryl Dixon seemed like it would be one messy uncomfortable nightmare.
Daryl flopped down onto the bed, letting out a breath of air.
"We relax." he told you. You crossed your arms over your chest, moving from where you sat to face him on the bed. His eyes were shut. How could he be so chilled out? So easy about all of this.
"Daryl." you sighed. "What on earth are you doing?"
"Going to sleep. What does it look like?" he spat. You looked down at your hands.
"I can't, I mean doesn't it bother you? The noises?" you asked.
Daryl didn't reply. You bit your lip, lying down next to him, staring at the ceiling. The fists banging against the walls made it hard to keep your eyes shut.
"My bad. You probably slept in some high rise castle with your parents in the city, didn't you?" he asked, his eyes still closed. You rolled your eyes. Wow, he was being a dick.
"Yeah totally. Because you know everything about me and the way I grew up." you grit your teeth. "You know Daryl, I don't get you. I've been nothing but kind to you. You don't like me- I know that. I just don't know why."
"We're just different." Daryl breathed out. "S'all."
You gulped. "How? How are we so different?"
Daryl sighed, rolling on his side to face you. He took a deep breath.
"Girl's like you, ain't suppose to be around guys like me. No good greasy red necks. You're s'pose to be around nice guys."
You scoffed, rolling over to face him.
"Nice guys? I thought you were nice. You're different, yeah...but why does that matter? Why does difference mean that we can't be friends? Or more than that. I mean..." you rolled onto your back, staring at the ceiling once more. "So many things are different now. Like when you die...you come back and you eat people. If you go out by yourself and you have no protection, it'll be your last day on earth. SO many things are different and that's the one you won't accept?"

Daryl made a noise, that sounded like him clearing his throat- but you weren't sure.

"Men like Rick and Glenn...they're good people. Before all of this and after too." Daryl quietly spoke. You turned to face him - and for the first time, you found yourself taking in his features. His long hair, once a light brown now dark. His biceps, his torn jeans and leather vest.
"How so?" you asked, surprised at catching yourself staring at him. You instantly looked away.
"Just are. Probably had some big future ahead of em'. Families, house, great job. Now, they aint lettin' this shit excuse for a world change em'."