[Carl Grimes] Part Of The Crowd AU

THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVOURITE! I hope you enjoy x
PROMPT:
I've decided to try something new. Basically this imagine is an alternate universe imagine, meaning that it's got the same characters but isn't set in a zombie apocalypse. If you're uneasy about the idea, here's a bit of a summary/prompt.

Also, this contains course language, so don't read if you're sensitive to cursing.

You hunched your back as you filled the seat beside popular, hot and charismatic Carl Grimes. Oh, you knew him very well. In fact, the two of you had grown up together. Your father worked in the sheriff station along side Carl's.

Of course, high school was a mess. Friendships had been broken as Carl was welcomed into the popular crowd. You and Sophia sat at lunch by yourselves. Well, you preferred not to interact with anybody from the popular crowd. It was almost like they never had time for anyone that was below them or not as popular as them. Fine, you decided you didn't want anything to do with them. But why was it that when you desperately tried to avoid Carl Grimes, the universe had decided to create the most awkward, cringe worthy moments between you two? I dunno...fate I guess.

The classroom was quiet. Sophia and yourself were one of the first people there. Sophia smiles at you, her hair tied in plaits at either side of her head, pink ribbon wrapped around the ends. She'd spent the night at yours. Her mother (your second mother) had been at court fighting for her husband to receive a sentence in jail for second degree domestic violence in the house.

You'd spent the whole night watching Netflix and the whole day wandering the city. Sophia vomited after having her first Starbucks and you posted an overall three pictures on Instagram.

Sophia turned on her iphone and looked at the time.

"Three minutes until bell." She says, smiling brushing her hair back with her fingers.

"You mean three minutes until hell?"

She laughs. "That too."

Stacy Sammyson entered the room in a skater skirt,with her iphone six and her boyfriend Harry Crawford clinging to her arm. That was when the atmosphere in the room dropped and you sighed.

"Hell came early. Huh?" You ask Sophia, rolling your eyes at Stacy

When Stacy's eyes hit Sophia's, she smirks, approaching us slowly. Her eyelashes inches long and her face pretty much caked in makeup.

"Hey Sophie. I just wanted to say that if you need some makeup, you know, for the scars daddy caused, I have some foundation in my bag."

You squeeze your fists together, gritting your teeth. Sophia's face goes red.

"Save it, you might need to cover up the black eye you get when I punch you."

You secretly smile, proud of the way Soph had stood up for herself. In the back of the classroom a family friend of yours and popular boy Carl Grimes walks in, hand in hand with his girlfriend. Miah. A pretty girl. Yeah...okay...REALLY pretty.
Stacy laughs.
."Oh no! Seems the domestic violence genes went straight to you! Didn't they."

Sophia backs down, tears brimming in her eyes.Your face goes red with anger. You contemplate what you're about to do. Then you stop contemplating and just punch Stacy.
Stacy's head swings back and all attention is drawn to you. From the back of the classroom all you can see is Carl, his eyes set on yours. A small, and I'm talking very small, smile setting on his face.