[Daryl Dixon] Golden

PROMPT:
Your relationship with Daryl is everything you could have ever asked for- until something goes terribly wrong.
[Complete idea credit goes to DixonLover2724 . Thanks so much for everything. If I haven't already said, GO FOLLOW! Such an amazing help and person. @DixonLover2724 has a book coming out soon. Make sure to check it out and send her a request! Thanks!] +sneaky Scream reference. If you see it your my fav

The ceiling was grey, with streaks of light reflecting onto it from the small prison windows, which were halfway covered with curtains that you had lazily tied to the tops of them. You shifted your head from the crook of Daryl's arm to his chest, and stared at the wall instead.
"I don't want to get up." You whispered, hearing his heartbeat and watching his chest rise and fall. "I want to stay with you here, forever." You bit your lip, shutting your eyes and listening to his heartbeat. So steady, so calm. "Out there...it's disgusting."
You pulled away from Daryl all of a sudden, leaning forward and coughing. Daryl shot up by your side.
"Y/n?" he immediately said, concern impressed upon his voice.
You pulled away, a small smile spread on your face.
"Relax. I feel fine." You told him. It wasn't Daryl's fault. It wasn't yours either. A virus had fallen over the prison. People were falling fatally ill- and they'd all been quarantined in a separate block. Nobody knew who was infected...just that if you started coughing up blood...you were probably going to die soon after.
"You're coughing." He recounted, still concerned. You wrapped your arms around Daryl, tackling him onto the bed.
"I'm fine and I love you." You wrestled him, and even though he could probably resist it...he didn't want to. You showered Daryl with kisses, a smirk spread on your face. It had taken Daryl a lot of time to get use to affection. You were a very affectionate person and he was the complete opposite. He came to accept the fact that you were never going to stop loving him...and also that you loved the way he got all flustered and awkward when you'd kiss him out of the blue in front of others. Seeing how it made Daryl squirm only made you wanna do it more.
Daryl didn't push you away- and eventually it was the loud knock on the cell door followed by the clearing of a throat that broke it up.
"Y/n," you heard Rick say. "Daryl? You up...decent?" He asked. You blushed, crawling off of Daryl and jumping out of the bed. Your pajamas were basically a shirt and shorts...so it wasn't like you were underdressed. You stood tall, meeting Rick at the door.
"Sorry. I would have come sooner only DARYL wouldn't stop kissing me. Thanks a lot, Daryl." You rolled your eyes,  shooting Daryl a playful smirk.
Rick chuckled, glancing over at Daryl, who was at the foot of the bed now, pulling on his boots.
"Was just checking if you'd be alright to watch Judith with Beth today. She's not handling this whole thing too well...Hershel thought it would be nice if you'd join her today."
You grinned, peering over at Daryl as he came to stand next to you.
"Of course. I'll go find her now. Thanks Rick." You told him. Rick nodded, glancing over at Daryl.
"How's it going in there?" Daryl questioned. You furrowed your brows, watching as Rick's shoulders sagged.
"Not going well. I can't lie to you...they need help. Serious help."
Daryl nodded. "We'll get them help." He simply said.

It didn't take you long to find Beth, and when you did, she was sitting in a cell alone with Judith. Time went by slowly- and for almost the whole time she worried about her father, Glenn and Maggie.
"How about you and Daryl?" She asked, breaking you out of your own daydream. You shrugged.
"What about us?" There was so much to talk about, so many things that you could ramble on about. You were mad in love with him. Crazy. He took over your head every second of the day. It was like the picture perfect thing that could happen to you. You and Dixon were a thing...and boy was that a thing.
"I could use some distraction. Tell me about it? What's it like being with him?"
She had asked for it- her own eternal doom. Poor Beth, little did she know, you could gush about Daryl for hours straight and still have things to talk about.
"Being with Daryl is like..." You paused. "Shit...I don't know how to say this without either being cheesy or stealing a line from a romcom."
Beth smiled, laughing a little.
"Just say it. I'll promise not to laugh."
"Being with Daryl is golden. Does that make any sense?" You asked. Beth smiled again- but didn't answer.
"No not really."
You brought your hands to your face.
"I don't even know what it means...I just know it means something."
Beth nodded. "And what about something cute, something so unlike him."
You smirked. "I once forced him to look at the stars with me. We named them. He said some big bright star was us. I'm pretty sure it was a planet and that was why it was so big but I still think that was adorable." You bit your lip. Beth giggled.
"I just never pictured Daryl...in love..."
You smirked, glancing out of the window and into the prison foyer. Daryl and Rick were talking. You passed Judith to Beth, standing up. As you did so, you emerged into a coughing fit. Beth put down Judith, rushing to your side.
"Y/n?!"
You pushed her away, distancing yourself.
"No. I'm fine!" You shouted, regaining your strength. "Let me get some air."
You left the room, feeling light on your feet. As you walked through the block, people shouted greetings at you - but you couldn't reply. Your vision was fading and you couldn't speak without coughing.
This couldn't be happening. You couldn't be sick. You couldn't die.
You made it out into the open, all of the light too bright for you to take in. You caught sight of Daryl's figure. Everything went all too colourful as you let out one giant cough- then inspected the scarlet blood on the palm of your hand.
Your feet fell from underneath you- and you went pummelling to the ground.