Chapter 10 (mature)

Start from the beginning

Lucy came in and hopped up beside us, and Fionna squealed, "Ooh!" 

"It's Lucy!" I grinned. 

"That," Fionna leaned and tried to grab at Lucy, who in turn rubbed her head against Fionna's hand. 

She squealed, kicking her legs and flailing her arms. Harry came into the room, a sleepy but happy expression, "Feenna is very happy this morning." 

"Time to add 'That' to the list of words," I chuckled. "We've got Dada, Daddy, meow, and now we have that. All dated... today is December 15th, I believe."

I slid Fionna to Harry so I could write in the baby book, and Harry cooed to her as he bounced her up and down on his knee, "Cutest little baby Feenna! Little Kitten Bean!" 

She screeched excitedly, attempting to lean away and look around but nearly falling backwards off of Harry's knee. However, he'd been holding a firm grip on her sides, and he was quick to pull her closer. 

I slid the baby book onto the coffee table, pulling out my phone to snap a picture of Harry and Fionna. Fionna had leaned to rest her head against Harry's torso, resting only slightly against his baby belly. Harry's hair was wild from sleep, and Fionna's fuzzy curls were all mussed up, and they both looked positively adorable, "You two... three technically... are so perfect." 

Harry giggled, "Three!" 

Leaning forward, I hiked up Harry's shirt just enough to press my lips to the warm skin of his stomach, "Sorry baby boy Pumpkin... I didn't forget about you, I promise." 

Fionna patted at my head, "That." 

I lifted my head just enough to blow a raspberry onto her belly, making her squeal, "I didn't forget about you either, my Baby Bean."

After I pressed kisses all over Fionna's tiny face to make her squeal, we all went into the kitchen for breakfast. Harry fed Fionna some apple and mango baby food while I made us some toast with peanut butter, along with a grabbing a banana that we could split. However, as I glanced over at them one of the times, I spotted Harry curiously getting a small spoonful with Fionna's rubber spoon, but instead of feeding Fionna, he tasted it himself. I giggled, and he looked to me in surprise, "Oh! Was just..." 

"Wanted to try some baby food, hmm?" I chuckled, and he blushed. 

"Looked kind of good, then I really wanted some? Want more, actually... it is not bad. But it is Feenna's," Harry explained in embarrassment.

I walked over to kiss him softly on the lips, "I think that's kind of adorable... I wonder if wanting to try our baby's baby food was some sort of craving." 

Harry shrugged, and I retrieved his toast and peanut butter so he didn't want to eat anymore baby food, and I gave him a fourth of the banana instead of half. He was still hungry, however, and ate some applesauce and drank another glass of milk so he could take his medicine. While he did that I continued to feed Fionna, switching over to a little bit of baby cereal once about a fourth of her baby food was gone. Occasionally during Fionna's mealtime, she would forget what she was doing and her attention would be averted elsewhere. And if her attention was on Lucy, it was nearly impossible to get it back until Lucy left the room.

However, as I was feeding her her cereal, she seemed persistent on feeding herself. She kept grabbing at the spoon I offered her, and I would reply, "No, Fionna."

"That," she insisted.

Finally, after about the eleventh time she nearly got a hand full of baby cereal, I stood up with a sigh, "Okay, no more cereal..."