My Celebrity Housemate: Chapter Eleven

Start from the beginning

          We were talking about a bunch of random stuffs, and this time we actually got to talk longer because we're early today. The conversation got out of no where, and all of a sudden we were talking about relationships. What an awkward topic.

          "How are you and Natalie?" I began.

          "Things aren't going that smoothly." He smiled wryly.

          "Why not?"

          "It's all thanks to that Alex guy. That sort of makes me dislike him even more."

          "But you can't totally blame Alex for that, right?" I stuttered. Why am I defending him? "I mean, it's not like he'd lured her or anything, she just came running."

          "Well yeah, but he could've been more considerate."

          "I doubt that he knows about your relationship." I said.

          "How can he not know? I mean, it's me that we're talking about. Everyone knows everything about me, and I'm sure people are still talking about us..."

          "True, so maybe he does, but he doesn't know that you're pissed about it."

          "Obviously I am. She's my girl, not his." He frowned.

         "Oh c'mon, he's surrounded by fans. I don't think he remembers her face." I blurted. Gosh, if I continue talking I might totally screw this up. "Okay, less depressing talk. Let's talk about something else."

          "Okay." He said simply. "So, are you seeing anybody?"

          Whoa, that's unexpected.

          "What?"

          "Are you seeing anybody?"

          "W-Well..." I hesitated. "I-I don't know."

          "Yeah? You sure look like you have somebody in your mind." He teased.

          "I do not." I said firmly, trying to appear nonchalant. "In fact, I can proudly say that I am not seeing anybody for the moment, and I never will until I'm ready to grow up."

          "That sounds kind of corny."

          "Oh, whatever." I rolled my eyes. "It's better than seeing somebody who will never like you back, anyway."

          "OH DRAKEY!" Natalie stepped in. She started to wave flirtatiously, and that's when my spirits had broken into pieces.

          "Sorry, got to go." He said apologetically. "I'll talk to you later, okay?"

          "Okay." I said. "Bye."

         I stood there and watched the both of them disappear. If only Natalie didn't interfere, I'm sure the conversation would've gotten further. Darn, that redhead. Why is she drooling over Alex instead of Drake? Doesn't she know how much more valuable Drake is compared to him? I don't understand people sometimes.

          Feeling utterly disappointed, I'd shifted and walked to class, completely lonely and yet annoyed at the same time. I can't let a guy get to me and interfere with my mood. That makes me sound so cheap! But I can't help it. I can't help myself. When it comes to Drake, there's only a one-way road, and that's probably why I can never turn around and look back.

          This must be how Delaney felt towards Alex, but that's a whole different story.

          "I'm really starting to get a little annoyed with all the girls constantly in my way." Ryan complained when I stepped into class.