Thirty Seven

I left on his collar, cuffs and lead but let him slip into some sweatpants.  He needed to know where he belonged and what I wanted but it felt wrong to open Christmas presents in the nude.  When I went into the living room there were two beautifully wrapped gifts and two cards in a stack on the coffee table.

"I wasn't sure where to put them Sir, I hope that's okay."

Four.  Yes, it was fine.  "Yes Pet.  I didn't expect anything at all though and this is really too much."

"To be fair Sir, three of them are just little things and one I didn't even buy.  The bottom card is your main present.  It's not a lot though, I promise."

I detoured to the kitchen to get us each a soda but looped his lead around the hook at the bar as I went by.  Lessons needed to be reinforced and with the whole hair fiasco I felt his training had gotten horribly derailed.  He waited patiently, even as I passed by him and set the drinks down.  I sat on the couch to see what his reaction would be.  He waited although he did chew at his lip in thought.  Then, yes, the glance towards the hook.  He was thinking way too much.  "Stop thinking.  You're well fucked, just bask in the afterglow awhile.  If I wanted you here I would have brought you."

"Yes Sir."

I walked up to him then, turning him against the counter so I could press against his back.  "Enjoy your break now, Pet.  Later you're going to get pushed."  I emphasized my last word with a gentle nudge.  "Rest now."  I grabbed the lead and brought him over to the couch with me.  "You may open yours first."  I handed him his card with the gift certificate inside it, suddenly overthinking things.  Maybe it wasn't right.  I probably should have listened more to Ollie and not made a mess of our shopping evening.  Or I could have bought him a few more things and opened mine first, then gave him the gifts I thought most appropriate.  It was too late now though, it was done.

He opened it slowly, peeling off the sticker and unfastening the seal carefully before pulling out the card.  "Who made this?" he asked, turning it over and looking for a bar code or label.  "It's amazing."  He traced his fingers gently along the cardinal.  "It's like the one you gave your mom but I didn't realize it was hand made, I didn't get a good enough look at hers.  Whoever did this is amazing."

"Thank you."

He looked at me strangely then seemed to decide to let it go.  "Where did you get these?"

"I did them."

"No!  Really?  I mean but Sir it's gorgeous!"  And then he was up, staring at the painting in the living room.  He had put it together quickly.  I should have known, he was smart.  "Oh my god, this is you too?!?!  I mean Sir?  I'm sorry I'm just in shock.  You painted this?"  He sat back down thankfully.

"Yes.  Open it."

"I had no idea you painted."

"It never came up."  I had never seen someone open a card so slowly.  He held it out at arms length and angled it towards the window for a better view before resting it and his hands in his lap.  Finally he opened it and read the note inside.

"This certificate is good for 20 hours of cooking classes to be held at your convenience by Chef Michael St. James of Lolita's?"

"Mike will work with you either at your place or his, on your schedule.  You can call him to plan out times and give him a list of things you'd like to learn.  You remember him I hope?  He's James' sub."

"Oh THAT Mike?" he exclaimed.  "I liked him."

"I know."  Did he think I'd give him the gift of spending time with someone he hated?  That seemed rather improper.

"You got me cooking lessons so I wouldn't have to starve any more?"

"I don't think you were starving Pet but I want you to be healthy and you mentioned that you would like to learn."

"Sir?  This is absolutely perfect.  I can't even... thank you!"  He didn't seem to know what to do with his hands so instead he thrust two packages at me.  "I only had two but when I got home I just knew I wanted to round it out and I finally had an idea."

I knew from the shake of the box that the top held a puzzle.  I opened it up to find a beautiful Caerco of a fishing dock.  "This is very nice; I haven't done this one."

"They had a really cool 750 but I thought 1,000 would be better since it divides.  Plus I saw how fast you and your dad worked; I hope it's okay?"

"I always do thousands when alone, this is a very thoughtful gift.  Thank you."  I opened the other, pleased that he had stayed true to his word and not gone overboard.  Inside was a pair of very small leather shorts and a connecting chest harness along with a note.  "For me to wear anywhere and anytime you desire."  Ah, the gift from Ollie from weeks ago.  "This will look amazing on you Pet."  He blushed, it was cute.  "Open your box now."

I watched his face change as he lifted the massage oil.  "For you?"

"No Pet, that's for you.  I plan on working over every single inch of you later today."

He lifted the candles and grinned.  "I'm sensing a theme Sir."

"Mmhmmm."

"The wax was amazing and I'm looking forward to it."  Finally he slid the new flogger from it's protective wrapping.  "How worried should I be Sir?"

"I picked this one out especially for you Pet."

He smiled then.  "Okay.  So all of this is for later?  I guess you'd better open these and then we can get started because it looks like I have a long evening ahead of me." 

"Yes you do."  I took the two envelopes he handed me and opened the first.  "What is this?  A list of... ah date ideas.  You planned a bunch of dates for us."  Inside were calendars of events, lists of his favorite restaurants, places near home that he'd never visited but wanted to.

"I thought you could decide when you felt like doing them and they're only suggestions of course but I thought it might help with the planning, Sir."

"This is incredibly helpful."  I opened the card and pulled out two tickets to his next show in town, three weeks from now.

"I gave Kevin and Ollie a set as well so you can come with them.  I wasn't sure if you'd want to bring anyone else or just... I thought you might like to see a show."

I hadn't really thought about it before but since my mom had enjoyed hers so much I would gladly go.  "It was kind of you to think of Kevin as well.  I'll be there."

He clasped his hands together in excitement.  "Thank you Sir."

"Merry Christmas Chris.  Are you ready?"