Seventeen

*** Hey, do you guys want me to write Christmas into this book? It could be fun! Or not THAT kind of fun lol, I mean, well yeah I guess both?

He was silent and walked perfectly behind me as we made our way back to the lounge. Dinner was being cleaned up and I didn't want him to go hungry. "Have you eaten?"

"Yes Sir."

I took him with me to the bar and ordered a bottle of water before turning towards him while I waited. "Anything else?"

"No thank you." He stared at my kneecaps which was a little odd for him, he never had any issues with looking right at me whether I wanted him to or not. I handed him the drink but he didn't remove the loosened cap; instead he just held it gently in both hands.

I sat down next to Kevin, leaving an empty chair beside me but he sank to the floor. "You may use the chair Chris." His amber eyes finally met mine but then flickered to the chair and back again. He was doing it again, wondering if I actually meant what I said. It drove me crazy because I always, always did and he really should have figured that out by now. It wasn't until he saw the other subs lounging in chairs that he finally slinked up. Why was the word of their Dom's more important than mine? "Drink some of your water Pet."

Ollie had been watching out of the corner of his eye and once I closed and reopened my eyes slowly in permission he practically bounded over with Mike. "Hi Chris." I was worried that his anger towards Chris might show in his behavior but to me it didn't, although that didn't necessarily mean much. He seemed pleased to see him.

"Hello Ollie" he answered demurely.

"Do you remember Mike?" Ollie asked, polite enough to not mention the circumstances under which they'd met.

"I do, hello Mike. It's nice to see you again."

"Alex is here too, come visit. I'll introduce you to a few of the cool people" Ollie joked, dipping his head at Kevin in an unspoken communication. I wasn't sure if he wanted to make sure Kevin knew he was joking or if he was apologizing for his rudeness or if it was about Chris in general or something else.

"Go ahead Pet, it's a social. Go visit and have fun." Chris looked at me as if I'd just told him I'd bought a huge koi that I planned to keep in the bathtub. I was tempted to tell him about the salamander I'd once snuck into the house when I was a child but it didn't seem the right time. His desire to argue was written all over his face. I tried to give him some credit though, he was a bit out of his element and I decided to chock his reluctance up to confusion on his part. Maybe he needed reassurance that he should visit with the other boys. "Give me your hands." He held them towards me and I unsnapped each of his cuffs. "Go with Ollie, Pet. Be polite and don't leave the room without telling me."

That seemed to do the trick. "Yes Sir." And then they were off, scampering towards the corner where Ollie had been previously.

"Skittish" Kevin said bluntly.

"Yeah. Always is after he misbehaves."

"Insecurity isn't a good thing in a sub, Greg."

"Do you think I like him this way? I've done what I can. I invited him, I fucked him, I've been polite. There's nothing else I can do."

"Did you forgive him?" he asked, staring me down.

"No. It's not that simple."

"Because you can't punish him or because it's bothering you that much?" he asked, refusing to drop it.

"Because, Einstein, of what it represents. It's not just the hair."

"Maybe it is JUST the hair. Why assume there's some conspiracy at work?"

"Oh right Kevin, of course. I always see more than there is. I'm so good at picking up subtle innuendos."

He roared laughing which caused many of the boys to turn and look over but they quickly went back to whatever it was they were doing. OnlyChristopher kept staring a few moments longer before Alex walked over and started chatting with him. "Greg, you crack me the hell up."

"Glad to be of assistance."

He laughed at that one too and I smiled, rather proud of myself for apparently being funny. "Going home with us or him?"

I hadn't really thought about it. "Would you prefer I ride home with him?"

"Yep."

Well I guess he was going with full frontal honestly tonight. "Fine."

"I think you two should talk and he won't do it here with all the people around."

"Sir?" I hadn't noticedChristopher walk up but he and Ollie appeared almost in front of me although Ollie was bent towards Kevin and whispering into his ear.

"Yes?"

"Ollie would like to speak with me privately, he wants to go around that corner into the hallway." He pointed to make himself clear. "He said it'll only take a few minutes."

"Only you two? That's fine Pet, just stay with Ollie." As soon as they had stepped away I asked Kevin "What's that about?"

"I think Chris is getting schooled about his contract" Kevin answered a bit shyly.

"That's not appropriate, this was supposed to be fun for him. You're the one who wanted me to invite him."

"Hey, I'm not the one doing it" he said, his hands up as he tried to appease me.

"It's your boy so yes you are."

"He only does exactly what I say during scenes, Greg. That's the only time he's any sort of reflection on me and that's only because how he reacts says something about my skill and knowledge of him. This..." he said, waving his hand "is all Ollie. You can't live your life with Chris like a scene."

"I don't know what you're talking about. Should I go rescue him?"

In what may be the first time ever that I'd actually deflected him from a conversation he went along with me. "No. Don't you think that Chris needs to hear whatever Ollie's saying?"

"Probably but aren't you always telling me that timing matters?" They were back already though and Chris didn't seem upset, at least no more so than he had when he arrived. I beckoned him over with a crook of my finger. "Is it a major inconvenience for you to drop me off at home?"

"No Sir, I'm happy to" he answered.

"Good. Say your good-byes, you have five minutes." I waited rather impatiently but he was prompt and once we were in the car and he had his GPS programmed I got to ask the question that had been bothering me. "What did Ollie talk with you about?"

"He thinks we need to write punishments into the contract. He said that I can give you a list and tell you what I'll accept. Is that true?"

"Yes, there are limits just as in play. Of course."

"I didn't know that, I thought you could just do whatever you wanted."

I was glad I hadn't been driving; I would have probably wrecked the car. "What gave you that idea?"

"Well it just didn't seem like much of a punishment if I was okay with it, I guess. I'm not sure. But I mean my limits are things I don't like or want so I just don't know how... I don't get it, I guess."

He had been so absolutely dead set against them that we hadn't really discussed it. "We need to talk about it then. Are you available for dinner sometime this week?"

"Yes Sir, tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow. I'll make a reservation and text you the time."