Twenty Four

After I was through with him I started his shower and watched as he walked on wobbly legs towards the bathroom. His entire backside was a lovely shade of pink or red; he was beautiful so spent. I wasn't much steadier myself, the whips workout earlier had worn me out and then I'd spent two hours working on Christopher. I was exhausted. I was planning on sending him on his way after I made sure he was good to drive and then collapsing onto the couch. Perhaps I'd even take a nap; it sounded luxurious. It had been a long day and an extraordinarily long week and I needed some downtime before switching into work mode tomorrow.

I was at the counter chopping vegetables for my lunch salad when he sauntered gingerly into the room. If I ended up napping I didn't want to be rushed this evening. "I made you a cup of coffee." I nodded towards it and the two chocolates resting next to his mug.

"Thank you Sir." He climbed up, his lips curling up.

"What?"

"Just thinking about the last time I was on this stool."

I had thought about it myself yesterday and was glad that it seemed a good memory.

"Is there any chance you're cooking something Sir?" he asked politely, unwrapping the chocolate which he then popped into his mouth while he waited for my answer. He had the most gorgeous lips.

I looked down at the chopping board, it was a valid question. "No, are you hungry?"

"I'm... no. Just munchy."

"Ah, the itchy eaties" I replied and he looked at me as if I had grown horns. "That's what my mother calls them." I grabbed a plate and put a few slices of cucumber and strips of red pepper on it, then put it on the bar within his reach.

"You surprise me constantly Sir." He grabbed a bite of cucumber and then made a funny face when he bit into it. "Doesn't go well with coffee."

I popped a piece in my mouth to make sure it wasn't bad. It was fine, it was simply his taste buds. "Probably true. How are you feeling?" He had one elbow on the bar and his head was resting in his hand; he looked as tired as I felt.

"I'm okay Sir. Do you mind if I move to the couch? The stool is soft but... "

"You may." There was no reason to rush him; he could be comfortable until I was finished with my preparations and then I would dismiss him. "One second, stand." I walked around the counter and unhooked his collar and lead. By the time I had hung them up and made my way back behind the bar, he was already resting on the couch, the blanket pulled over him.

"Sir?"

"Yes Pet?"

"Where did you learn to cook?"

Me? I was no chef. I knew the basics. "I guess I've just learned the way most people do. My mother taught me some and I read cookbooks."

"I wish I could learn Sir. Honestly your Sunday dinners and of course Fridays when we go out are about the only real meals I eat all week. I'm usually running and eating off a buffet table or going through a drive-thru."

"That's not healthy."

"I know it's not but I don't really have a choice. I try to do the best I can eating out but it's not the same as having someone cook for me. So thank you for feeding me. I appreciate it and I just wanted you to know."

I didn't respond, just ran his words back through my head. It was probably wrong to not let him stay through dinner after he'd been kind, or was it enough to simply not order in on Sundays and cook? I often ordered delivery because it was less time consuming but he seemed to appreciate and need some solid meals. I bagged up the last of the vegetables and started putting things into the fridge. I'd only bought one steak, never assuming he'd be here long today.Christopher had a way of being easier in person than he was in my head though, in stark contrast to just about everyone else I knew. "I need to run to the store." I looked down at my lounge pants and sighed, getting dressed wasn't in the plans but he didn't seem to want to go and he'd been so unsure when he'd arrived that I wanted to meet him halfway.

"Can I come, Sir?"

He was propped up, the blanket dropping down around his waist. He looked so... I didn't know. Excited? Hopeful? He seemed to really want to come. "I'm just running to the grocery store Pet, I won't be long." He looked sad and that wasn't the goal of aftercare. Besides, we'd done it once before and he had been helpful with the plates. This I didn't need help with. "Very well, just wear your sweats. You have three minutes to be ready." I almost laughed when he practically launched himself off the couch, stopping only to pick up the blanket that fell before he scurried down the hallway. I really didn't know where he'd found the energy but I didn't have time to think about it.

Fifteen minutes later we were walking into the store, Christopher to my left as he should be. So far, so good. I grabbed a basket and headed towards the produce section to get a few more mushrooms for the gravy. He followed silently as I headed towards the meat and I didn't realize he was gone until I heard his shoes squeaking against the tile as he caught up. I turned and saw a bag of some sort in his hands. "Chips?"

"Yes Sir. Oh, is it okay if I buy something? Since we're here? Or no? I'm sorry, I should have asked."

No, actually I should have asked. Maybe. Or not, since he was on my time. I wasn't sure of the protocol; I'd never gone shopping with a sub before. "Chips aren't healthy Christopher."

"No, but they're good."

"Put them away."

He made a pouty face for half a second before disappearing back down the aisle. When he returned I continued, stopping in front of the steaks. "How do you like your steak cooked?"

"Medium rare or medium if I'm eating out but however you cook it is fine."

True, but there was no reason to not cook it to his liking. I had a 12 ounce T-bone waiting for me at home so did some quick figuring to decide how big of a steak I'd need to buy Christopher. His needed to be large enough to cook appropriately while mine had time to get medium well. I grabbed a 16 ounce and his eyes flew open.

"I can't eat all that Sir, a small one is fine."

I ignored him and put it in my basket. I didn't care if he finished it. We passed by the frozen section on the way to the registers and he gasped softly. "What is it?"

He chewed on his lip. "Sir?" he whispered. "Is there any way at ALL that we could get ice cream? Please?"

"You're making it very hard to cook you a healthy meal."

"But it's not the meal Sir, it's dessert."

He had a valid point and after the week we'd had perhaps we both deserved a treat. "Very well, pick out a pint of Ben and Jerry's."