Twenty Eight

I knocked quickly and let us in the front door, Christopher following closely behind me.  I latched the door behind us and pushed him against it, pinning his hands above his head with one hand and letting my other trail down his side.  "Am I allowed to play with you on date night, Pet?  Just a little?"  I pressed against him until his breathing turned into shallow pants.

"Yes.  Yes Sir."

"Get in here!" Kevin yelled, interrupting our moment.

"I had every intention of taking you into their spare room but it may have to wait.  Be a good boy tonight and I'll be very, very good to you later."  He almost squealed and I think he would have sunk to the floor if he hadn't been pinned up.  I backed up just a few inches, released his hands and turned my head towards the living room to yell.  "Coming."

"Not quite yet" Christopher teased as he adjusted himself.  "Damn Sir."

I led him into the living room and sat on the remaining chair, Christopher falling into place on the rug.  Good, very good. I pulled him up onto my lap, I didn't want him uncomfortable for such a long evening. "Why do you smell like a dime-store perfume aisle?" I asked.

"The man next to me on the plane reeked.  I'm sorry Sir.  I put my window down on the drive over but it didn't help much."

"Not your fault Pet."

Kevin cleared his throat.  "Is everyone ready?"

I looked towards him and noticed Dare staring at Christopher from the opposite chair.  "I am Kevin but perhaps Dare isn't. Is there something you need Dare?"

"No, no.  Just surprised. Caught me off guard to see you two together is all. Hi Chris."

He looked at me briefly before saying "Hello Dare."  His gaze didn't linger though, he turned back towards the TV which Kevin had unpaused in what I believed was an attempt to help to distract Christopher and end the conversation. Christopher didn't need it though, he was behaving perfectly.  I ran my fingers through his hair and tried to grab at it.  No, still a bit too short. Soon though.  He leaned into my hand so I massaged his neck until he lay his head on my shoulder.  This was good.  This was very good.

"Greg, this is actually the last episode, would it be better for you to start from the beginning?" Kevin asked.

"I honestly don't care, I'm only here so that you'll stop bugging me about it." That answer seemed obvious to me and I wasn't sure how the 'normal' people in the room hadn't picked up on my reluctance.

Kevin laughed and offered Ollie a spot on the couch yet again which he finally took. I'd never seen another boy who truly prefers the floor. "Well we'll watch this one then."

They felt the need to point out to me which actor was Sherlock and which was Watson, as if it weren't obvious within seconds.  To be honest, I didn't pay too much attention until the creepy blackmailer licked the woman's face.  "That's disgusting."

Christopher literally shivered as a chill went up his spine.  "Ewww."

By the end of the show I was totally confused.  Watson had beat up a man in a crackhouse and found Sherlock there. Later, the woman in the morgue had smacked Holmes and he'd thrown his brother against a door. Apparently he had a girlfriend who he had been using for access to a building.  Then he was shot by Watson's wife? I zoned out, waiting for it to be over.

"Okay Ollie, I see it.  They're totally together" Dare announced as soon as it was over, standing and stretching. I don't like looking up to people so I focused my attention onChristopher.

"I told you!" Ollie exclaimed, clapping his hands together.  He seemed happy to have converted someone else.  "What do you think Chris?  Going to ship Johnlock with me?"

He pulled his head up off my chest. "I don't really see it, honestly" he confessed.  "But I haven't seen all of them."

"Chris" Kevin broke in, "This will go a lot easier for you if you declare your love for Johnlock and if you really want to make him happy, tell him you think Holmes is a sub."

That got my attention.  "What?  That's ridiculous."

"Says Sherlock himself" Darren quipped.  "You've heard it from the source, gentlemen."

"Don't call me that."  I tried to keep my temper in check but he had no right to compare me to him. 

Christopher was obviously trying to soothe some of the tension in the room.  "Sherlock as a sub?  Wait, I can see it!"

So now I was a drug addicted sociopath and also a bottom?  "If either of them are in the life it's obviously the other way around."

"No Sir, I don't think so.  Did you see how Watson took care of that druggie?  And he was a soldier, right?  He's a tough guy." Christopher was thinking out loud but Ollie took it and ran.

"And he follows John around like a puppy.  Sherlock is SO in love with him.  I think you and Master don't see it because he's taller.  Alex is tall though, it doesn't always work that way."

He wasn't making any sense.  "I'm not implying that stature corresponds to one's proclivities, in bed or otherwise."

"Want to put that in English Sherlock?" Dare asked.  "Actually, never mind.  I need to go.  Can you walk me to the door Chris?"

I automatically flexed my arm, holding him closer and was about to answer whenChristopher spoke.  "He asked you not to call him that Dare, don't be rude.  I'm not going anywhere with you."

"That's not what you said last time."

"Don't be an asshole Dare."  Kevin stood and walked him towards the door, hopefully chewing him out along the way.

And then Ollie said something completely random from the end of the show.  "There's something I've always wanted to say...Sherlock is actually a girl's name."

He said it gently, as if it were important. I was thoroughly confused.  "Is it really? It doesn't sound that way."

"Sir, I think that's just a way for him to say I love you"Christopher said, looking up towards me. 

"That doesn't make sense Pet."

"Sometimes love doesn't" he answered, curling closer.

"Didn't you notice the sad puppy eyes when John married lady easy finger?" Ollie asked.

"What finger?"  I was ready to give up on this whole conversation.

Kevin came to my rescue.  "Oh Lord in heaven.  Enough Ollie.  I'm sorry about Dare, Greg.  I didn't expect that from him. Chris must have made a hell of an impression."

"That doesn't surprise me, he's quite memorable.  Now, I've seen one of these episodes so can you please drop it?  The show is ridiculous and comparing the two of us is at the very best, disrespectful.  He doesn't even try."

Kevin just looked at me and did that smug half-smile that usually means 'I was right.'

I heard a small noise and looked down to see Christopher's eyes closed.  "Is he asleep?" I whispered.

"Poor boy, must have had a long day" Kevin answered.  "He's definitely out."

"He did, he was up early and flew all day. He was out east and may be jet-lagged." Christopher jerked himself awake then, startled, and almost tipped himself off my lap.  "Hello Pet.  Time to go home."  I could wait until Sunday and he would have to; he was too tired to get his reward tonight.  It would be part of his Christmas present and that seemed fitting.  I helped him to his car and then followed him home and took his bag up the stairs before driving back to my place and tucking myself into bed. The pillow was a poor excuse for my boy.