Twelve

I didn't quite know what to do with myself.  I put away the toys and supplies I'd gotten out earlier in preparation for the day, then sat down in my study at the desk.  I tried to read for a bit but couldn't really focus so gave up and tried watching TV.  It was doing nothing but annoying me and I couldn't sit still.  I decided to do something I hated; go to the gym on a weekend.  I didn't want to be with people but I didn't want to be alone either; the story of my life.

I lifted and squatted and ran until my muscles stopped screaming and simply vibrated, too tired to move.  Almost two hours later I practically dragged myself to the car, still slightly winded even after my shower.  It was good to release some energy and even if my brain was still wound tighter than it should be at least I didn't have the energy to do anything about it.  It would have to do.

Kevin's car was in my driveway, parked in front of Christopher's door.  It bothered me a lot but I couldn't quite grasp what the issue was.  It was where he normally parked and although we hadn't planned on him coming over he sometimes did so unannounced and my phone was turned off so it was possible he'd tried to contact me.  I didn't pull into the garage, just left the car running at the very end of the driveway while I thought about it.

He was waiting for me, nothing else made sense.  He had gone inside and knew I wasn't home but hadn't left.  I parked in the garage and walked in.  He stood when I entered and just sighed, like he was relieved or something?  "What?"

"Glad to see you too Greg.  How are you?"

"I'm fine.  Would you like something to drink?" I asked, heading for the fridge.  "Why are you here?"

"A little birdie told me you might need me.  Nothing, thanks.  I stole a bottle of water earlier."

"I don't need you, you may go."  Honestly a nap sounded really good right now.  I grabbed my bottle of pills and had it open before I caught the look Kevin was giving me.  "What?"

"It's three in the afternoon."

"It's 3:26.  If it bothers you I'll wait until you leave."

"How about you wait until after dinner?  You'll be a mess at work tomorrow if you take one now.  What happened Greg?  Why did you send Chris home?"

"Because I have to, it's in the contract.  We don't play when I'm upset, it scares him."

He nodded, thinking.  "I remember that scene at the club not going so well, yeah.  Okay, I can see where that might be a good idea for you two.  Ollie said he cut his hair."

I just made a face, I didn't want to think or talk about it.  "It's shorter than yours."

"And that bothered you?"

"As if it wouldn't bother you if Ollie did so?  You would tan his hide."

"Actually I wouldn't, he has autonomy over his hair."  He sat down in the bar stool and I stayed standing; I wasn't sure I'd be able to get back up if I sat.

That surprised the hell out of me.  "What?  Why?"

"It works for us.  Granted, he always clears cuts with me ahead of time but he wouldn't be punished if he didn't, it's just..."

"Respect" I filled in, perturbed.

"Yeah.  I get where you're coming from, I do.  But Greg you're not live-in, you're not close to full-time and he's not... I'm just surprised it's even IN your contract.  He has freedom over so much else I'm not sure I can blame him for messing this up.  It was a mistake."

"He has TOO much freedom!  So yes, I take it where I can.  He travels, changes dates, isn't available when I need him.  Is asking him to not shave his head really that much to ask?  I don't think so Kevin, I don't.  Why are you both taking his side?  I didn't do anything wrong."

"Actually Ollie's on your side, he's pretty disappointed in Chris.  I didn't say you were wrong either, I'm just trying to make sure you're seeing the other side."

"How will he ever learn to behave if there are no repercussions?  I've been far too lenient with him as is.  I'm the one being punished today, not him."

"Greg?"

"What?"  I was tired and frustrated and didn't try to hide it.

"I'm almost scared to even ask but do you need another Saturday?  Look, I know you gave up Alex but there are lots of fish in the sea.  I understand that you care for Chris but you need more stability than he can give you.  I shouldn't interfere but you're... I want to help and it's the only way I can think of."

"It would get me out of dates if I could just use Christopher for lighter scenes.  We worked well that way.  I'm not sure what I'm looking for though, I had Alex and dropped him for no damn good reason.  I don't know what I was thinking."

"I didn't get it either but maybe he just wasn't a good fit.  You rushed in awfully fast with him, maybe you can find someone that works better for you.  There's a sub social tonight and Ollie and I are going to go have a drink and hang out.  Want to join us and keep me company?"

I wanted to sleep for a week but I definitely could use a quick romp and pickings would be plentiful.  My cock answered for me.  "Sure."

He looked happy about my answer.  "We'll pick you up at 6:45.  Wear blue, it looks good on you."

"Everything looks good on me, except cream."

"Rub it in you handsome fuck.  Okay, no sleeping pills and I'll be back in a few hours."