Five

No, he couldn't.  "You want access to my study?"  It clearly had a white doorknob on it, there was no reason for him to ask.  He knew the answer.

He seemed to realize what he was asking.  "I'm sorry Sir, I shouldn't have asked.  Forget it, please?"

"You've already seen it once so this trip would simply be to gawk and count."

"Not to gawk Sir, just to understand.  I really am sorry."

"To understand WHAT Chris?  Explain yourself."

"I just thought that maybe if I could fix my living room a little bit you wouldn't be so uncomfortable when you came to pick me up.  But I'll try, I can try without seeing your office.  I'm sorry."

I hated surprises, hated being caught off guard and he did it constantly.  "Why would you do that? It's unnecessary."  But also very kind.  His motives seemed good and he had, after all, seen it before.  I grabbed the end of his lead.  "Come along."  I stopped at the door and he paused behind me.  "You will never come in here without my express consent.  I do not plan on letting you in here again.  Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir."

"You may not touch anything."

"I won't Sir but you don't have to let me in, it's fine."

I opened the door and stepped inside, his lead firmly in my hand as I led him to the center of the room.  "Two windows and two doors make four means of escape.  Four bookshelves with four shelves each, a multiple of four books on each shelf."

"One clock?" he asked.

"But three pictures, there are four things on the walls."

"One desk?"

"With four drawers, four legs, and four things on top of it."  I led him around to view the room from where I normally sat.

"A chair with two cushions, two arms, and four wheels.  I see it" he said.  "To me it just feels very clean and neat and perhaps a bit cold, but the austerity is calming in a sense and I can see why it appeals to you.  Everything has been thought out, hasn't it?  Even down to the pens and pencils."

"Yes.  Four colored, four black and four pencils.  I'm impressed that you're keeping your true thoughts to yourself.  Your self-control has certainly come a long way.  Are we finished in here?"

"My true thoughts?  I'm not hiding anything Sir."

"It's crazy Chris.  I understand that but it helps me deal.  I've heard it before, trust me."  I shouldn't have said that, I needed to pull myself back in.

"You won't hear it from me Sir.  Everyone has quirks and this really doesn't bother me.  You don't need to hide candles or anything, really."

I turned and he scurried to keep up with me as I turned off the light and closed the door behind us.  "Are you hungry?"  Truthfully I wasn't really ready to eat yet but I needed something to do with my hands other than take him into them.  Actually, we could do both at once.  I led him to the stool.  "Climb up."

"Hungry in what sense, Sir?" he asked, smiling.

I didn't answer, simply hung his lead on a small hook not easily viewable from outside the kitchen.  He would be as full as he could stand very soon.

"Oooh, do you have those all over the house?" he asked, peeking around the corner.  "I never noticed it before."

"Probably not as many as I need."  I left him there, taking advantage of his new rules knowledge and went into the Den.  Knowing that he wasn't roaming the house lowered my stress level considerably.  I opened the second drawer of the bureau where I kept new toys and surveyed my options.  I wanted something that he would have to work to take but that he could wear for a suitable length of time.  The question was really what I intended to do with him afterwards and I hadn't decided prior to the scene but the answer was that I simply wanted him filled.  For hours.  With whatever I decided.  I grabbed the tunnel as well from the top drawer.

He watched me walk towards him and his eyes widened when he saw what was in my hand.  "For me Sir?"

"It's certainly not for me.  Put your feet on the rungs and stand up."  With an o-ring strap I secured the large plug to the stool.  "Sit.  Take it as slowly as you need to.  You have until your thighs give out and then you'll take the rest whether you're ready or not.  Hands in box."

He looked at me with wide eyes before lining himself up.  Once he'd taken the first inch or so he put his hands behind his back as I had asked.  "Sir I don't--"

"You have your instructions Pet.  You will take it because that hungry little hole needs it."  I went around into the kitchen and started preparing the chicken stir-fry I was planning for dinner.  I would marinate the meat and chop the vegetables while he struggled, then it would be ready to cook up once I was finished with him.  I kept an eye on him while I worked, so far so good.