Mac and Cheese and Bourbon Glaze

It seemed evil to post about this and not include the recipe for anyone who wants to try it or pass it along. Just don't tell Kevin hahaha ;)

Mac and Cheese

14.5 oz box of penne pasta
1 9 ox. bag baby spinach
1 oz sun dried tomatoes
3 cups 2% milk
3 Tbsp butter
3 cups shredded cheese (Italian blend)
1/4 medium yellow onion, diced fine
1 clove garlic
3 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 Tbsp olive oil

Step 1: In a medium skillet, cook the diced garlic clove in 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add the bag of spinach and stir until the spinach has just wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.

Step 2: Preheat oven to 350. Put a large pot of water on to boil and cook the pasta according to directions on box. While it's cooking, begin your sauce. When the pasta is done cooking, save 1/2 cup of the water but drain the rest in a colander.

Step 3: Roughly chop the sun dried tomatoes and finely dice the onion. In a medium sauce pan, cook the onions in 3 tbsp. of butter over medium heat until transparent. You do not want the butter or onions to brown.

Step 4: Whisk the 3 Tbsp of four into the melted butter/onion mixture. Continue to whisk and cook until it is light golden (this is your roux)

Step 5. Whisk the 3 cups of milk into the roux. Add some fresh black pepper and about 1/2 tsp of salt. Allow to come to a simmer. Continue to gently whisk. It will thicken.

Step 6: Whisk in 2 cups of cheese into the roux and let it melt in. Add the sun dried tomatoes and sautéed spinach to the sauce.

Step 7: Return your drained pasta to its large cooking pot. Add the reserved water and stir to loosen the pasta. Pour your cheese sauce mixture over the pasta and stir. Pour the cheesy pasta mixture into a large casserole you've sprayed well with oil. Top the casserole with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake about 30 minutes or until the top is golden.

Enjoy!!

GLAZE:

1/4 cup apple juice
1/8 cup bourbon
3/4 C. packed dk brown sugar
1/2 C finely chopped pecans
1/8 C. molasses
Squirt of mustard

Boil juice and bourbon until reduced to approximately 1/6 C (about six minutes)

Add to bowl and mix in other ingredients. Refrigerate for up to two days.

To use, pour over ham 25 minutes before serving.