Eighteen

He was on time and dressed neatly. He sat down quietly and took a sip of water before placing his hands in his lap. So far, so good. "Good evening Chris."

"Hello" he glanced around and seemed satisfied that our corner booth was secluded enough to softly add "Sir."

"Please start deciding what you would like so that you will be ready when the waitress arrives" I asked.

"You may order for me."

He must have seen the look on my face because I was NOT impressed.

"No? Oh, I mean would you please order for me? Sir?"

"Better. Yes, I will."

"This is so hard for me, I'm sorry."

"Forgiven."

He looked up at me, his brown eyes wide. "Thank you." He seemed surprised but I have no idea why. "It's nice to be forgiven."

"It's nice of you to apologize. You don't often, you know. At least not until after you've pushed way too far for a simple apology to do."

"But that's because I don't know I've done anything wrong. I don't know the rules!"

My jaw twitched and tightened. "We've been seeing each other for months. You should know them by now. Be polite."

"But what wasn't polite about asking you to order for me? The first time, I don't remember exactly what I said but I meant it politely."

"You didn't ask, you gave me permission. As if I needed it" I answered. This was going to be a LONG night. I was relieved to see the waitress appear and I quickly ordered. I'd seen him eat often enough to know what he liked and what he didn't but I ordered an extra appetizer just in case I guessed wrong.

"Um, so Ollie told me that you not being able to punish me was stupid."

"He did, did he?" Ollie was rarely so frank but I guess he would talk toChristopher differently than he did to me. "He's right."

"But you told me you made Eli sleep in a trash can and I..." his voice dropped off at the end.

"And you what?" I had no idea how those things were connected.

"I don't want to!" he almost hissed. "Sir. I hate small spaces."

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and dropped my chin to my chest. I tried to focus on my breathing like my last therapist had taught me but I gave up and straightened myself back up. "I have no idea what you're talking about, why we're talking about this or what you hope to accomplish. You're going in so many circles that I'm dizzy. I can not do whatever the hell you're trying to do in this manner, Chris. You're scaring me." I was honest but I had nothing to lose. He either needed to be more clear or I was going to leave and leaving would have negative consequences for both of us.

"Scaring.... YOU? Sir... you? How? I mean... Sir?"

"Do I make you do things you don't want to do, Chris?" He'd seemed so on board, so willing but...

"No... um no."

"So what are you saying?"

"I... I don't know."

"Perhaps you should think about it while we eat" I said, alerting him that the waitress was on her way back and that he might want to curb his tongue for a moment. I smiled and thanked her and soon she was gone, steaming plates in front of us.

"This is delicious" he commented, shoveling food into his mouth. I was worried he might be nervous and not hungry but that obviously wasn't an issue.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Sir?" He put his fork down so I did the same.

"Yes?"

"Did I understand correctly that we could like, agree on punishments beforehand?"

"Yes." Apparently he did listen at least sometimes.

"I was trying to think of things that could be punishments but all I could think about was a trash can and Ollie told me that Kevin put a fucking goldfish in his mouth once when he talked back."

"Language. But yes, he got that one from me. Granted Ollie's was in a bag. Goldfish are out?"

"Oh god... yes, I mean no I mean that's not okay."

"Noted."

"So what else is there? I mean that I might actually consider agreeing to?"

"You're asking me for punishment ideas for you to consider writing into the contract?"

"Yes!!" he confirmed happily.

"You could have just asked me for those half an hour ago. Very well. I could deny you pleasure, make you kneel or stand for a period of time, have you write an essay on what you've done wrong--" He scoffed and interrupted me and it took every ounce of restraint to not yell. I gripped my fork so tightly my knuckles turned white. "I could forbid you to speak or uncollar or uncuff you. I could force you to crawl around the house instead of walking. There are more options than I can list right now if we're going to eat any of this dinner."

"May I ask for a punishment for my haircut that you think I could handle? I really am sorry about it Sir, I didn't think."

"No, you didn't. You didn't think of me at all. And that, Mr. Stevenson is just as difficult to accept as the loss of your hair."

"Oh" he said as if it were a surprise.

"Oh? You didn't think it would bother me that you gave not a single thought to my comfort or well-being? To my desires or needs? That you seemingly forgot I existed as soon as you were out of my house? Is that how it works? The cuffs weren't enough to make you think twice?" I held my palm out to keep him from interrupting. "Very well, you want a punishment? I want you to wear a plug all week when you are not working. Maybe THAT will be enough to remind you that you are indeed my sub."

"I... yes Sir. Do I get to pick which one?"

"Certainly. Feel free to start small but I'm sure you'll need a larger one by the end of the week if you've behaved yourself.  And Chris?"

"Yes Sir?"

"Did you come today?"

He blushed. "I did, yes Sir."

"You may not come again until I make you do so. Understood?" His eyes were wide and I knew he was counting the days until Sunday. I had no intention of waiting that long. "Since we won't be having date night, you will be in the Den waiting at 7 pm on Friday night. Naked, plugged and kneeling. Now eat your dinner."

"Yes Sir."