Nine

Most of the times Eli had spent the night involved me practically pouring him into the bed because he was unable to do so himself.   Christopher however was on my couch and looking at me as if I'd just bought him a puppy.  He was going to crash hard and I wanted him to be asleep when it happened.  "Let's get you to bed.  Do you sleep naked?"

"Yes Sir" he answered meekly and I was almost surprised he didn't argue.  He was doing better this weekend than I had feared after our date and I didn't want him to start falling now and acting like a brat.  "But I could just sleep here, the couch is more comfortable."

"You seemed to like the bed just fine earlier." 

"I'm sorry, you're right. It's nice of you to let me stay. It's just a bit firm for my taste, especially certain parts of me, they're rather tender tonight."

"Firm is good."

He looked at me, nostrils slightly flared and a grin on his face.  "Hard is very good.  You win.  Um, Sir?"

"Yes Pet?"

"Where will you sleep?"

"In my room."  Obviously.  Did he think I was going to spend the night at his house to make things even? 

"Okay.  Do I need to do anything special or, um, is everything okay down there?" he asked, his head dipping down as if I needed a signal to know he was talking about his ass.

He looked so honestly worried that I bit back a chuckle.  "You're fine Pet.  Remember what I told you about urinating though."

"Okay, thank you.  I'll just um, go to bed then?"  He stood up, the blanket wrapped around him like a toga.  I nodded and he made his way down the hall slowly, trying to keep from dragging the blanket but it was hopeless; the thing was bigger than he was.  I waited until he was inside with the door closed before going into my room and stripping my bed down to get the memory foam topper. He knocked on the connecting door while I was still putting my sheets back on.  "Yes?" I stepped into the Den, pulling my door along with me so he couldn't see.

"Sir, should I stay here in the morning until you come and get me or should I just leave or... I wasn't sure what was right."

"I will be up at 6:35 and I can wake you then if you'd like to have breakfast before I go to the gym.  Otherwise I will wake you up at 7:10 to give you time to get yourself together before I leave at 7:20."

"Six in the morning?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowing together.

"No, 6:35." Had I not been clear? "Or 7:10, the choice is yours."

"They're both still nighttime for me, I don't get up that early unless I have a plane to catch. But let's do the early one since food is involved. I can't believe I'm saying that, what is wrong with me?" He trailed off at the end as if he were talking to himself. He wasn't quite focused and I told myself to cut him some slack. He'd had a long day.

"Hold on a moment." I stripped his bed quickly, then went back for the foam and he quietly helped me get it put squarely on the bed, then did his side of the fitted sheet. It was kind of him to help. "This should help. Is there anything else you need before I go, Pet?"

"Thank you Sir, I appreciate it. Um, could I have a hug? Like a forty second one? Or four minutes? Or do they have to be fives? Fifty seconds or... I don't know fuck I'm rambling again aren't I?"

"Yes you are." I stepped forward and he slipped against my chest, then once I was settled he brought his hands up lightly around my waist. "That's fine Pet." He relaxed then, more of his weight pressing against me. "You were such a good boy today. I know it was a lot to take on but you are amazing. I'll see you in the morning, okay?"

He stepped back and smiled shyly, one dimple flashing. "Thank you Sir."

*** *** ***

I didn't sleep well and at three am I wished I had taken something to help me sleep but it was too late now. I got out of bed, checked on Christopher who was sleeping soundly and stood at his bedside contemplating waking him up in the best way I knew how. I was already awake and I had every right to do it, but he was sleeping well and after yesterday he needed the rest more than I needed him. I did a loop around the house before crawling back into my rather hard bed. Better me than him though, always. After an hour or so I managed to get to sleep again but my alarm was not my friend when it started blaring.

Christopher was wide awake and dressed when I walked into the Den. "Good morning Sir."

"Good morning Pet. I'm surprised to see you awake much less up and ready."

"Your alarm is approximately six million decibels, I'm surprised the entire city isn't awake. Have the police ever shown up?"

"The police? No. Come along, we'll have some oatmeal." He was odd but I was too tired to try to figure out what he was talking about.

"And coffee?" he asked hopefully.

"Yes Pet, coffee too."