Fourteen

Alex stepped away then, it wasn't proper for him to spend any more time with me and if he and Brian had been contracted I doubt he would have spoken to me at all knowing his manners. I filed that info away. Still, it was a relief that there weren't any hard feelings on his end. I made my way back towards the table and this time Kevin waited a few minutes before starting in on me.

"Clarify something for me" he asked. It was something he said to me often, although not daily which it seemed he had years ago when we first started hanging out. "Did you mean you're not my friend or that you think I'm not yours?"

I closed my eyes, this was a much harder question than I felt like dealing with. "You are certainly my friend, my best friend if I can have one of those. I don't think I'm your friend though. I don't do the things that friends should do."

"Like what?"

"Help you... I don't know. I feel like your kid brother and you put up with me but..."

"I like you Gregory." He was staring at me and I knew he wanted me to look at him but I couldn't. "Yes we're different and sometimes you infuriate me but you always do your damn best. You're one of the strongest people I know, and I love Ollie so that's saying something pretty damn impressive. You're loyal and always there if I need something. I don't put up with you Greg, you're my friend. Clear?"

"Clear."

"You're not incapable of anything."

"What?" Of course I was but knowing him he was probably referring to something in particular.

"You said you weren't capable of love, or falling in love and you are. Is that something you decided or did someone tell you that? Who made that decision?"

"I have Aspergers." Why did he force me to say it out loud? He knew this.

"AAaaaand?" He asked, exasperated. "I snore but Ollie manages to love me. Wait, that doesn't work. You know what I mean? Maybe your version looks a little different but that doesn't mean it's not the same basic thing. If I asked fifty people what 'blue' was I'm sure they'd tell me at least 20 different shades but it's all blue. I need to stop drinking now." He sat his half finished bottle to the side.

"I wonder how he is."

"I wonder who you're thinking about?  Chris?"

"Yes, of course. I hope he's not too upset, he sometimes takes things personally."

"He takes things the way you say them. Greg you need to realize that your filter?  The one that slips when you're really upset?  Well people who are subject to that have a Greg filter and when we can't quite keep it in place your words can bite."

"I'm aware that I can be an asshole. I've been told.  Do you really have to filter everything I say?  I thought I had improved quite a bit in that regard. If you all have a filter why do I bother with mine?"

"No, that's not what I meant at all. When you drop your filter is when we need ours. Don't put words in my mouth, you're getting defensive."

I replayed his words in my head. Yes, he hadn't been clear but I figured it out. "Ah. I understand. I'll do my best to keep it in place then."

"If you're worried about Chris, do you want to ask Ollie? I mean you could just do it the easy way and CALL him but I doubt that's going to happen so feel free to ask Ollie how he is. They talked for awhile earlier." He took my lack of response as a yes apparently because he called him over. "Honey, how is Chris?" he asked once Ollie was perched on his knee.

"He's... in what way Master?" he asked, his tone a bit tight.

"You're really mad at him, aren't you? He made a mistake Pet, or are you upset because of the last time this pretty head was shaved?" He was playing with Ollie's hair and it made me want to spit fire.

"It has nothing to do with his hair Master, that was a stupid mistake and he regrets it. He's very sorry Sir" he answered, looking towards my chest. He was very kind.

"Then why are you upset with him Pet?"

"He asked Sir Greg to punish him, to break the contract. He knows Sir doesn't... I'm sorry... I'd rather not talk about this here if that's okay."

"Ollie? What?" I asked. "Yes, he told me I could punish him."

"But Sir it's just like the club but worse, he's not protecting himself at all. The contract is there to help him and he's just tossing it aside and he knows you don't always... that you can't always read people well and if you had... he should know better by now. He has no clue what he's doing and he's putting himself in danger."

"He's not in danger with me Ollie!" My voice was louder than it should have been and Ollie shrunk back against Kevin.

"I'm sorry Sir, I should not have been so bold" he offered. Kevin shot me a death glare.

"No Ollie, I'm sorry. It's been a very long day." I hadn't thought about his offer. Of course I hadn't done it but Ollie was right, Christopher couldn't be trusted to take care of himself. "Why though? Why did he say it?"

"Because he loves you, Greg" Kevin answered. "He trusts you, perhaps more than he should. No dom should have that much power.  Look Greg, if your fight was bad enough that you're sitting here worried about him I can tell you that it's probably much worse than you think."

"How can he learn?  I've tried to teach him the rules and we've gone over his contract but he doesn't quite grasp the intricacies."  Ollie looked like he wanted to say something but was holding his tongue. Kevin gave me the 'you can figure this out' look which wasn't helpful. "Ollie?  I'm not even mad anymore, I just need him to behave. I can't do this every week."

"Sir?  It would be good for him to spend more time with other people in the life. You never bring him to the club; when we invited him for brunch I realized that it was his first house party. If you would like and approve I could go over any parts of your contract you wish with him. I could help him see things from the sub side. I know you've tried Sir and you've done a good job, look how far he's come, but a Dom can only show him one side."

From the look on his face Kevin obviously agreed with Ollie. "You're right and it's kind of you to offer Sweet boy. Go visit, I'll handle Greg."