__________

"You. I see you as too perfect."
His words earlier kept on resounding in Yeojin's mind. She could feel again that uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She remembered how she couldn't utter a single word.

"I have to prove to myself that you're not."
That was the biggest nonsense she had ever heard. She told him that he didn't have to go through the hassle of being her boyfriend if that was his intention because she could just tell him herself all her imperfections. So they didn't have to date.

Sehun asked her why she wanted to break up so much. It wasn't like he tortured her, anyway. She got nothing to lose. And he pointed out that if she insisted on breaking up that just show that she was indeed Kris Wu's wife. Not that he would complain about it because, frankly, that was his goal. His words just confused her and she retorted with asking why he sounded like he wanted to keep this relationship so much? Sehun stayed silent for awhile, staring at her right in her eyes. Yeojin swore there was something he was holding back.

"It's your call though," he finally spoke with the tiniest smirk on his lips. "I'm not pushing you. If you wanna break up, let's do so. But you know what message you're telling me."

Yeojin didn't know what to say then. She looked down avoiding his gaze. She wanted to end it already and just let him know the truth, but she wasn't sure of what he would do with the information if she did tell him the truth. She pondered for a long time before feeling his hand grabbing hers. When she looked up at him, his playful smirk had returned and all seriousness in his eyes were gone.

"Think about it later. Right now, there are still other artworks we haven't seen," he pulled her along with him as they explored the gallery.

I must've gone crazy. And what's with him saying I'm too perfect in his eyes? Isn't he indirectly saying he does kinda like me in a way? He must be crazy.

Yeojin heaved out a breath of frustration as she ruffled her hair with a hand.

"What is it?" Kris asked and Yeojin raised her gaze to him who was sitting across her.

"Nothing," she lowered her head.

"Nothing? You've been sighing for several times," he continued, "and you're only playing with your food," he pointed at her plate with his chopsticks. "I know I'm no chef, but shouldn't you at least appreciate my hard work?" He clucked his tongue.

"I-it's not that I don't appreciate it. I just...," she sighed again and Kris thought she looked like a deflating balloon.

Kris just shook his head. "Just eat first and think about whatever you wanted to think about later."

Yeojin pursed her lips and nodded. Silence ensued as they ate. And though it was clear that both wanted to say something, none of them uttered a word. When they both finally opened their mouths, they spoke at the same time.

"So-," Kris stopped himself when he heard Yeojin spoke too.

"Should I just tell Sehun the truth?" She asked in one breath.

"What? Why?" He asked, surprised.

And just those simple questions elicited yet another sigh from her as she lowered her head. "It's just that... It doesn't feel right to lie to him any longer."

"Oh, so you're thinking of his feelings now?" Kris asked sarcastically. The possibility of it being a 'yes' slightly irked him.

"Ani. It's not that. I just don't wanna fall into a complicated relationship with him."