Chapter 50

Liam doesn't understand how much he has helped me. I had been so torn before and now I was more determined than ever to make things work with Adrian. He was right about one thing, I shouldn't have to compete for his love. He wanted me before this whole Selection started and if he truly wanted me then he should be willing to do almost anything, even canceling the Selection.

But me asking for him to cancel the Selection might be unfair. He and his parents have invested so much into it and we are so far into the competition. But then again we haven't even reached the dating stage where the remaining girls have to risk even more to win.

After my classes for the day, I paced around my room waiting for Adrian. I jumped up at the sound of a soft knock on the door, I practically ran to it only to find a boy dressed in a green uniform.

"Deianira Santiago?" The boy asked. I gaped at the grand bouquet of white and red roses and I knew who they were from.

"Uh yes," I responded awkwardly.

"These are for you. Where would you like them?"

"Over there on the table is fine."
I tipped the delivery boy on his way out and looked for the small card hidden in the bouquet.

"Bingo!" I pulled the card from the bottom of the bouquet and silently read the scribbled writing.
________________________________

I'm so sorry for the other night. I'm truly ashamed of the way I acted with you. You were right about everything though. I was stupid for not handling our situation better and because of it there are so many people that are being hurt. But I meant it when I said that I love you Deianira. You had my heart from the beginning.

The past few months have been gruesome, I've seen things that have made me change my view of this world. Being in a war only made me realize that there was only one thing that I wanted and that was you. I want you to be more than my mate, I want you to be my wife and the mother of my children. The thought of us reuniting when it was all done was what kept me going and I'm willing to give everything I gained if it meant that I get back what I lost with you.

I know you hate it when I'm in your head so I'll try to catch you around later. I hope you liked the flowers.
-Your Ride or Die
________________________________

I fought to hold back the tears that were welling up in my eyes. Why did he have to go and do this? How could I stay mad at him now when he poured out his heart and soul to me. I figured that the war had changed him when I thought about the way he acted last night. He was never such a jerk to me, even when he broke up with me months ago. Now I understood what it was.

When I heard a soft rapping on the door I quickly wiped my eyes with the back of my hand and answered the door.

"Hey, are you okay? I came as soon as I could." Adrian walked inside and pulled me into a tight hug.

"To tell you the truth, I'm just...so torn up." I look up at him, watching as his bright green eyes analyzed me.

"Come on. Talk to me."

I sigh and take a seat at the edge of my bed. I didn't want to drag this out so I thought I'd just rip off the bandaid. "My mate is your cousin Liam."

Adrian looks down, suddenly more interested in his shoes. "I know."

What?

"What do you mean you know?" I asked.

"I put two and two together after last night. I saw the way he looked at you, and I also so the way you melted in his arms when he embraced you."

I didn't know whether to be relieved or scared. "So,what now? Are you going to send me away?"

"Hell no."