Chapter 4

"What's going on with you Nira?" my dad asks.

"Stop! Just stop! For once in your life can you stop pretending like you actually give a damn about me and how I feel?" I snap. My sister's jaw dropped in surprise while my father's was now clenched tightly.

"How dare you say that to me! I am your father, my job is to provide and care for you!" He retorts.

"Yeah right. Is that why you never came to any of my track meets or volleyball games? Is that why you never tried to get to know me and spend time with me? Is that why you only watch the Super bowl and the World Cup with Zenith and his friends and not-me-the person who lives and breathes sports? Is that why strangers seem to know more about me than you do? Yeah, so much of a father!" I spat angrily. My father jumps up from his seat with his nostrils flared and his teeth clenched.

"So you're saying that I've been a bad father to you? Well what about you! You haven't exactly been the perfect daughter!"

"No! That's your precious Dellanira's job! I'm just the stupid, worthless, good-for-nothing, Omega daughter. I guess that's why you've never cared!" I growl. His expression softens as he realizes what I was really talking about. I grab a basket full of clean clothes and quickly storm out of the laundry room before he could say something else. Then I wait about 30 minutes before I returning to the laundry room because I knew that my dad had only been home for his lunch break and he wouldn't be back until the evening.

It was just my luck that my sister had stayed there and was waiting for me. She gave me a look of utter disapproval, but before she could open her mouth I said something. "I don't feel like hearing whatever is about to cross your lips. So before you piss me off, I'm going to ask that you leave."

"I'm not leaving until you tell me why you said all those mean things to dad. He didn't deserve that," she says defiantly.

I roll my eyes and grab the last basket full of finished laundry.

"There's a lot of things I don't deserve either. Hasn't someone ever told you that life's not fair?" I retort.

"Nira, you really need to chill out. You are starting to lose it," she says as she shook her head.

"Why do you care?" I mutter under my breath. I could see Della's perfectly manicured nails clench into tight fists. Ooh I was quivering in fear!

"You're my little sister! Why wouldn't I care?"

"First of all, we're twins. We're the same age. Secondly, as I've proven earlier, being related to someone by blood doesn't mean that you care or love them. The only one who really loved me was mom...and she's gone," I said angrily. My sister froze once she heard my last words. I probably hurt her feelings, but right now I didn't care. I only wanted to be alone.

"You know that's not true," she says. I turned to look her dead in her currently teary eyes.

"Do I?" I look her from head to toe and scoff bitterly before walking back into the pack house.

After finishing off a few more tasks, I was excused to get ready for dinner. Only I wasn't going to dinner. I was going to go get some comfort food and have more time to myself.

I walked over to the ice cream shop and got an Alpha sundae-six scoops of delicious ice cream with a choice of five toppings. After I drowning mine with hot fudge, caramel, whip cream and brownie bites, I walked to the park trying to calm my nerves. It's been a while since I went for a run in my wolf form which wasn't good. Werewolves needed to shift and run around at least once a week to release any pent up energy. So I decided I'd do it later. Maybe after I've finished with my ice cream fix- no scratch that-I was going to probably stuff my face with chili cheese fries and soda at Calvin's Diner.